The World News Media

Daily text, Thursday, May 26. 2016

Queen Esther

§§§§.jpg

§§§.jpg

If you are being reproached for the name of Christ, you are happy, because the spirit of glory, yes, the spirit of God, is resting upon you.—1 Pet. 4:14.

It is good for us to remember that in the first century, genuine Christians were hated by many—if not the majority—of their contemporaries. Can the inspired words of today’s text be applied to Jehovah’s Witnesses today? Yes, indeed, because we bear witness to Jesus’ kingship. Thus, being hated for bearing Jehovah’s name is the same as “being reproached for the name of [Jesus] Christ,” who said to his opposers: “I have come in the name of my Father, but you do not receive me.” (John 5:43) So the next time you experience opposition in your witnessing work, take courage. Such mistreatment is proof that you have God’s smile of approval and that his spirit “is resting upon you.” At the same time, remember that fine increases are being enjoyed in many parts of the world. w14 7/15 4:14-16

• Views 106
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are being reproached for the name of Christ, you are happy, because the spirit of glory, yes, the spirit of God, is resting upon you.—1 Pet. 4:14. It is good for us to remember that in the

Nothing can compare to Jehovah's approval ❤️

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.