The World News Media

Photos from the 1940's

Guest Kurt

Instagram media by jwoldphotos - Sharing in the magazine work in the 1940s. Sister Maxine Klutch. (Dyane Claborn) Thank you @gingerproulx for the additional information about the sister in this photo presenting the magazines: This was a staged photo taken in Canada. Maxine died last year, sadly. She was a pioneer during Maurice Duplesi's rule (prime minister and attorney general of Québec) and one of the first to try out using only the Bible in the ministry. She attended the 9th class of Gilead and she and her husband served as CO's when Bethelites didn't marry!! Then they were invited back to Bethel for many decades. They came to North Windham, ME in 1991 where she served as a special pioneer until the end. She was an absolutely wonderful, faithful sister. #jwoldphotos #jw

Sharing in the magazine work in the 1940s. Sister Maxine Klutch. (Dyane Claborn) Thank you @gingerproulx for the additional information about the sister in this photo presenting the magazines: This was a staged photo taken in Canada. Maxine died last year, sadly. She was a pioneer during Maurice Duplesi's rule (prime minister and attorney general of Québec) and one of the first to try out using only the Bible in the ministry. She attended the 9th class of Gilead and she and her husband served as CO's when Bethelites didn't marry!! Then they were invited back to Bethel for many decades. They came to North Windham, ME in 1991 where she served as a special pioneer until the end. She was an absolutely wonderful, faithful sister. #jwoldphotos #jw

Instagram media by jwoldphotos - From: @texasnanacrochet Sign announcing the Watchtower radio programs. We don't know the sister's name on the left but the little boy is Bob Shepherd (my father-in-law) with his parents Ed and Esther Shepherd. Photo taken in Long Beach, California, 1932 (Additional info from 1975 Yearbook) In 1931 the Society decided to present transcribed programs. Two hundred and fifty stations were organized to present these fifteen-minute transcriptions, made by Rutherford at his convenience and played by the radio stations at times they chose. In 1932 this radio service (called the Wax Chain) was expanded to 340 stations. By 1933, the peak year, 408 stations were being used to carry the message to six continents, and 23,783 separate Bible talks were broadcast, most of them being these fifteen-minute electrical transcriptions. In those days, one might spin the radio dial and tune in Watch Tower broadcasts emanating from widely scattered stations at the same time. Often the air waves were filled with words of truth that glorified God. #jwoldphotos #jw

From: @texasnanacrochet Sign announcing the Watchtower radio programs. We don't know the sister's name on the left but the little boy is Bob Shepherd (my father-in-law) with his parents Ed and Esther Shepherd. Photo taken in Long Beach, California, 1932 (Additional info from 1975 Yearbook) In 1931 the Society decided to present transcribed programs. Two hundred and fifty stations were organized to present these fifteen-minute transcriptions, made by Rutherford at his convenience and played by the radio stations at times they chose. In 1932 this radio service (called the Wax Chain) was expanded to 340 stations. By 1933, the peak year, 408 stations were being used to carry the message to six continents, and 23,783 separate Bible talks were broadcast, most of them being these fifteen-minute electrical transcriptions. In those days, one might spin the radio dial and tune in Watch Tower broadcasts emanating from widely scattered stations at the same time. Often the air waves were filled with words of truth that glorified God. #jwoldphotos #jw

Instagram media by jwoldphotos - From: @desert_blooms94 Sister Ramonita Nieves was baptized in 1957 and was in the Truth for 57 years until her death in 2014. This is the thank you letter she received from Hayden Baxter, expressing thanks for hospitality shown during the 1958 Divine International Convention in NY.  Oshawa, Ontario, Canada Nov. 30, 1958 Dear sister Nieves, No doubt you'll be surprised to hear from me, which I imagine you will be seeing as I haven't gotten around to writing you till now. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the welcome and the theocratic love which you all showed to us while we stayed with you for the Divine International Convention. We arrived home safely at 3 o'clock the day after we started on our journey home. On our way home we visited Gillead and took pictures of the Kingdom farm and also of Gillead. It was sure a wonderful trip and we enjoyed every moment of it. About five weeks before the assembly I had no idea whatsoever how we were going to go but then I got a job at a restaurant and my sister worked in a coffee shop and my brother hoed tobacco and by the three of us working we were blessed by the undeserved kindness of Jehovah who made it possible for us to all go to the great spiritual feast which he had provided for us. (Bottom of letter) "Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord, that walketh in his ways." Psa 128:1 #jwoldphotos

From: @desert_blooms94 Sister Ramonita Nieves was baptized in 1957 and was in the Truth for 57 years until her death in 2014. This is the thank you letter she received from Hayden Baxter, expressing thanks for hospitality shown during the 1958 Divine International Convention in NY. Oshawa, Ontario, Canada Nov. 30, 1958 Dear sister Nieves, No doubt you'll be surprised to hear from me, which I imagine you will be seeing as I haven't gotten around to writing you till now. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the welcome and the theocratic love which you all showed to us while we stayed with you for the Divine International Convention. We arrived home safely at 3 o'clock the day after we started on our journey home. On our way home we visited Gillead and took pictures of the Kingdom farm and also of Gillead. It was sure a wonderful trip and we enjoyed every moment of it. About five weeks before the assembly I had no idea whatsoever how we were going to go but then I got a job at a restaurant and my sister worked in a coffee shop and my brother hoed tobacco and by the three of us working we were blessed by the undeserved kindness of Jehovah who made it possible for us to all go to the great spiritual feast which he had provided for us. (Bottom of letter) "Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord, that walketh in his ways." Psa 128:1 #jwoldphotos

• Views 703
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Popular Days

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.