The World News Media

Have You Tried Sewing to Help Stretch Your Budget?

JAMMY

• 1 month later...

• Views 824
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh  yes...  in  the past  I  made  alot  things  for  me  and  my  son !  Clothes  people  not  could  bought.  So  I  got  alot  of  questions  for  my  idea's  ;o)  Also  I  was  stitching  curtains

On 6/19/2016 at 10:14 PM, JAMMY said:

There are many videos on You Tube to teach you if you do not know how. I will post this free pattern you can try. There are many more to be found on YouTube, Patterns can be one of the major expenses in this craft, but you can easily learn to improvise,

http://gotopatterns.com/collections/go-to-patterns-1/products/boardwalk-skirtboardwalk-skirt-4258.jpg?v=1365978918

Always try to use coupons from the newspaper or internet when purchasing your supplies. Jo-Ann fabric store usually has coupons. Sometimes the patterns are half price. Some Wal-Mart stores have patterns as low priced as 99 cents. Treat them gently and you will be able to reuse them many times. Some things can be made without a store bought pattern. Search u-tube for ideas, or use your own creation. Here is access to some free patterns for you.

http://thestitchingscientist.com/free-sewing-patterns

43 minutes ago, JAMMY said:

Oh  yes...  in  the past  I  made  alot  things  for  me  and  my  son !  Clothes  people  not  could  bought.  So  I  got  alot  of  questions  for  my  idea's  ;o)  Also  I  was  stitching  curtains  and  more....  Before  the  comp. time  -  I  had  SO  much  time  for  all  these  nice  doings, haha !

• 1 month later...

How is  everyone doing with their sewing?  The weather is starting to change , so maybe ones will be indoors more, and have more time to devote to this helpful craft. Costs can be very high, but one can learn how to repair, remake,etc. items. That will help with your budget. Sewing for the next season will give you time, so that you will not feel rushed to finish the item. Really, you can make skirts, vests, bags,  etc. in under 2 hours. Easy to keep a service wardrobe available. I hope you try it. Here are some beginners. I h upcycling

ope that this will encourage you to try this craft also.

http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.com/2016/08/amazing-upcycled-creations.html