The World News Media

DAILY TEXT, for Monday, July 25. 2016

Queen Esther

!!!!.jpg

10444585_867254759974409_1101882841168863935_n    .....jpg

He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2016/7/25

All of us are subject to “the law of the Christ.” (Gal. 6:2) That law includes all that Jesus taught. Foremost among Jesus’ teachings is that his followers should display love. (John 13:35; Jas. 2:8) And one of the primary ways we show love for God, for Christ, and for our neighbor is by preaching the good news of the Kingdom. (John 15:10; Acts 1:8) Jesus commanded only a relatively small number of his followers—those to whom he appeared after his resurrection—to preach. (Acts 10:40-42; 1 Cor. 15:6) But all his faithful first-century disciples recognized that the command applied to them, even if they had not personally heard Jesus speak. (Acts 8:4; 1 Pet. 1:8) Likewise today, Jesus has not personally spoken to any of the eight million active Kingdom preachers. But all recognize their obligation to exercise faith in Christ and to express that faith by means of the witnessing work.—Jas. 2:18. w15 3/15 4:14, 15

• Views 124
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42. http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2016/7/25 All of us are subject to “the law of the Christ.” (Gal. 6:2) T

Posted Images

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.  Matt 28:19,20

Baptism questions:

“On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?” 

“Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism."

Where is baptizing in the name of the Holy Spirit mentioned?  Does that come under “spirit-directed”? If we are to observe Jesus’ commandments, why wouldn’t baptism be as he directed, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

Concerning the “law of Christ” in Gal 6:2, the scriptures go on to say we are to examine our own work and whatever we sow, we reap.  Can the WT say that they indeed are “doing good to all” if the baptism is not in line with Jesus’ commandments, the “law of Christ” when it is done in the name of the organization?

But may I never boast, except in the torture stake of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been put to death with regard to me and I with regard to the world.”  Gal 6:14

2 Tim 3:6-9; Titus 1:15,16

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.