Why Did Jesus Die?

The Librarian

• 2 months later...

• Views 799
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if I agree with the statement that the bible attached great importance to the death of Jesus. I mean, the importance was more on His role, both on earth and once he would return to heaven. His death as an element but his message was far more important. His death was a means, not the purpose.

Some verses:

But yes, his death had also a purpose, same as his coming into the world, his teachings and his example. All had a purpose. His death was the sacrifice for sins of the world.

• 1 month later...

Matthew 1:21 " She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

How would Jesus save His people? 

Romans 6: 3 "Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?  "

Romans 6: 5 "For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. "

Romans 6: 8 "Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. 11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. "

1 Corinthians 15: 3 "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,"

Isaiah 53:5 " But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed. "

I would say that the Bible DOES attach great importance on the death and resurrection of Jesus. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.