The World News Media

The slave is using this photo to make it clear what is not allowed in the dress of men for meetings and preaching.

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) JANUARY 2017 

Does our dress and grooming show respect for Jehovah and others, or does it show a lack of modesty? (See paragraph 12)

2017247_univ_cnt_2_lg.jpg

• Views 14.7k
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing how fashion dictates a person's thinking without them really being aware of the influence. The guys on the right look like they have been sleeping out in the rain a couple of days, or tha

My point exactly, Q. Esther. Jehovah sees the heart and even if a poor servant of Jehovah doesn't have much, Jehovah still provides for them just like He did for the nation of Israel. He can make a po

Exactly. We should reflect the fruitage of the spirit even by the way we dress   

Posted Images

Amazing how fashion dictates a person's thinking without them really being aware of the influence.

The guys on the right look like they have been sleeping out in the rain a couple of days, or that they put on their little brother's suits (by mistake hopefully)!

Presumabely, they would not see themselves that way?

Isn't it beautiful the way we are guided by love, to follow the direction outlined in our publications? The world is so determined to desensitize us toward harmful trends that may on the surface seem innocent, yet beneath the surface, are designed to blur the line between modest and suggestive of an unwholesome lifestyle that some young ones may not even be aware of. 

Absolutely! Satan is using whatever means he can to distract us. Fashion has always been his mode operandi. For women, the dresses are shorter and tighter while men are now wearing so-called designer suits that are so snuggly and tight, one wonders how can they breathe! The more Satan's system sinks in debauchery, the more explicit and sexually suggestive fashion becomes. Tight-fitting clothes structured to appeal to the muscular anatomy with emphasis on sexual organs aim to entice while admiring the fabric and style. Such fashions also reveals a person's "desire of the flesh, desire of the eyes, and a showy display of one's means of life" (1 John 2:15). The secret person of the heart is manifest by such clothes, revealing that he or she loves the world more than they love Jehovah. Such fads are temporary anyway, After just one year, in comes another style with more sexual influences. When the Israelites trekked through the Wilderness for 40 years, they were modest before Jehovah. Their modest attire did not wear out. Even Jehovah saw to it that their sandals never wore out (Deuteronomy 29:5). Point: Jehovah-Jireh. Jehovah will not only provide for our materal needs, He will also take care of us. So, why wear clothes that attract attention to ourselves rather than wearing clothes that glorify Jehovah? So glad the Slave is directing our focus on this subject. Keep the world's lax attitudes about dress outside of Jehovah's organization.

7 hours ago, AbigailSensefulOne said:

Absolutely! Satan is using whatever means he can to distract us. Fashion has always been his mode operandi. For women, the dresses are shorter and tighter while men are now wearing so-called designer suits that are so snuggly and tight, one wonders how can they breathe! The more Satan's system sinks in debauchery, the more explicit and sexually suggestive fashion becomes. Tight-fitting clothes structured to appeal to the muscular anatomy with emphasis on sexual organs aim to entice while admiring the fabric and style. Such fashions also reveals a person's "desire of the flesh, desire of the eyes, and a showy display of one's means of life" (1 John 2:15). The secret person of the heart is manifest by such clothes, revealing that he or she loves the world more than they love Jehovah. Such fads are temporary anyway, After just one year, in comes another style with more sexual influences. When the Israelites trekked through the Wilderness for 40 years, they were modest before Jehovah. Their modest attire did not wear out. Even Jehovah saw to it that their sandals never wore out (Deuteronomy 29:5). Point: Jehovah-Jireh. Jehovah will not only provide for our materal needs, He will also take care of us. So, why wear clothes that attract attention to ourselves rather than wearing clothes that glorify Jehovah? So glad the Slave is directing our focus on this subject. Keep the world's lax attitudes about dress outside of Jehovah's organization.

Jehovah is not first watching to our clothes.....  NO,  HE is watching first deep our heart❤️  Thats much more importend. Poor JW humans don't have good clothes :-(  :(

1 hour ago, Queen Esther said:

Jehovah is not first watching to our clothes.....  NO,  HE is watching first deep our heart❤️  Thats much more importend. Poor JW humans don't have good clothes :-(  :(

My point exactly, Q. Esther. Jehovah sees the heart and even if a poor servant of Jehovah doesn't have much, Jehovah still provides for them just like He did for the nation of Israel. He can make a poor person look rich just by the things they have. I can honestly say I have personally witnessed this, especially as a Pioneer. For brothers to dress with tight-fitting suits when they have the financial means to buy modest suits says a lot about what's in his heart.

These suits (straight legged tight pants and small blazers) are the latest style now. Even prominent athletes and celebrities are wearing them. Because they are designer suits, they costs between $500-$1,000 (USA). In view of the times we live in, could tht money pay for other things like rent and food, even a suit without a desiger''s label? 

Yes, only Jehovah read hearts but a person can give off clues that he is not being modest but haughty when he wears clothes that speaks volumes of a worldly attitude. Notice the sloppy hair on the young man on the left in the gray suit. Imagine going in field service looking like that. What would the householder's perception be? Not being critcal here but realistic. Our Lord and Savior King Jesus said, "by their fruits you will recognize them". He was talking about a person's actions that either identifies him as a disciple or not. The way we dress also bears fruit about our attitude toward theocratic order whether we're poor or rich.

1 hour ago, Queen Esther said:

Not only modesty,  also humility and much more !

1 hour ago, JaniceM said:

Modesty is the key, not the fad, fashion or expensiveness.

Exactly. We should reflect the fruitage of the spirit even by the way we dress ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, AbigailSensefulOne said:

Exactly. We should reflect the fruitage of the spirit even by the way we dress ^_^

Reveal hidden contents

Thats  right,  ALL  the  9 fruitages  of  the  spirit  are importend !  And  when  the  humans  are  able  for  good  clothes,  then  its  wonderful.  Often, we  give  good  clothes  to  poor  sisters or  brothers ❤ ;o)