The World News Media

Canada Bethel (Georgetown) to begin renovations early 2017

Jack Ryan

A letter was just read at my midweek meeting that Georgetown (Canada Bethel) will have renovations done on it beginning Spring 2017. The letter asked for publishers who are electricians/plumbers/etc. and in good standing to apply to help out. Those helping out will be considered "part-time commuters" and will only be at the property for about 3 days a week and must reside outside of Bethel and pay for all their own expenses.

I believe the last major work done at Canada's Bethel was in the 80's when they built another residence and renovated some of the rooms in the main housing center (I forget the building name) and in 2009/2010 when they got the new Manroland press.

I don't understand any of this, the org is laying off so many Bethelites, why bother doing any renovations? Are they really just renovating it only for it to be sold in 5 years time? Too many questions, no answers.

There's less than 400 full time Bethelites there now too so quite a few of the rooms will be empty anyway

• Views 961
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.