The World News Media

Studying the Bible?

The Librarian

This is what Family Worship Night often looks like now in 2016

gdf.PNG

A picture says 1,000 words I guess.

Studying the Bible when I was a child in 1979 looked SO much different. And it involved actual reading of the Bible.

Hmmm..

Will these children be prepared to defend their beliefs in the future with only a Bible in hand?

• Views 826
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what Family Worship Night often looks like now in 2016 A picture says 1,000 words I guess. Studying the Bible when I was a child in 1979 looked SO much different. And it involve

Posted Images

Actually "studying the Bible" with your kids in 1979 mostly involved fighting to get everybody to sit down and be still and read Bible verses in small print they didn't understand and could not picture in their minds.

Evidently you missed the point about Noah doing "just so" and the FDS feeding us if you have issues with current teaching methods.

16 hours ago, Blind Boy Grunt said:

Actually "studying the Bible" with your kids in 1979 mostly involved fighting to get everybody to sit down and be still and read Bible verses in small print they didn't understand and could not picture in their minds.

Evidently you missed the point about Noah doing "just so" and the FDS feeding us if you have issues with current teaching methods.

My Book of Bible Stories came out in 1978 and the pink Great Teacher book had been around for a few years. Didn't your family use these new 'spiritual provisions' from the 'slave class'?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.