The World News Media

Daily text, Sunday, January 1. 2017

Queen Esther

3455.jpg

574.jpg

Elders, How  Do  You  Feel  About  Training  Others?

The things you heard from me . . . entrust to faithful men, who, in turn, will be adequately qualified to teach others.—2 Tim. 2:2.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2017/1/1

Circuit overseers around the world have noted that in many congregations, more needs to be done to train brothers—younger and older—to help care for the flock. This presents a challenge. Why is that the case? If you are a Christian elder, you no doubt realize that personal training is important. You know that more brothers are needed to keep existing congregations spiritually strong and to allow new congregations to be formed. (Isa. 60:22) You also know that God’s Word urges you to “teach others.” Even so, you may find it hard to do so. After you have taken care of family needs, job requirements, congregation responsibilities, and other urgent matters, there just seems to be no time left to train others in the congregation. Yet, training is needed in order for them to share the workload. And as that is accomplished, everyone will benefit. w15 4/15 1:2, 3

• Views 155
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elders, How  Do  You  Feel  About  Training  Others? The things you heard from me . . . entrust to faithful men, who, in turn, will be adequately qualified to teach others.—2 Tim. 2:2. http:

Yes our elders are very busy but I can see they are willing to take the time to help the young brothers who are willing to reach out to help even bringing them to visit the elderly and disabled who ca

Thanks for your true words, Brother larryrobinson !  We are blessed with ca. 15 elders in my cong. Just in Dec. a couple changed to the arabic congregation and after the CO. week, we got a young new o

Posted Images

Yes our elders are very busy but I can see they are willing to take the time to help the young brothers who are willing to reach out to help even bringing them to visit the elderly and disabled who can't get out to meetings as myself what an encouragement to myself and mother!! How we enjoy just the short few minutes they have to share, may Jehovah bless them and they know are prayers are with them. 

1 hour ago, larryrobinson said:

Yes our elders are very busy but I can see they are willing to take the time to help the young brothers who are willing to reach out to help even bringing them to visit the elderly and disabled who can't get out to meetings as myself what an encouragement to myself and mother!! How we enjoy just the short few minutes they have to share, may Jehovah bless them and they know are prayers are with them. 

Thanks for your true words, Brother larryrobinson !  We are blessed with ca. 15 elders in my cong. Just in Dec. a couple changed to the arabic congregation and after the CO. week, we got a young new one ;-)  In our end-time, we all need alot of elders and mature brothers too.

Lets pray for all of us??  Agape 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.