The World News Media

What Is The Sign Of The Conclusion Of The System Of Things?

Bible Speaks

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"What will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?" Matt. 24:3  wol.jw.org

"For there will be hurricanes and volcanoes in one place after another, earth-wide pollution and a constant state of global war," said Jesus, never.

.......earth-wide pollution.......  (Revelation 11:18) 18 But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward your slaves

Posted Images

.......earth-wide pollution....... 

(Revelation 11:18) 18 But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward your slaves the prophets and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”
Pollution is one form of how man is ruining the earth

.........climate change can come under this category of ruining the earth as well, also alleged to increase forces of devastating hurricanes.....

5 hours ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

Pollution is one form of how man is ruining the earth

I agree with this, too. But this also could mean that all persons who burn fossil fuels, drive a car, use fuel-based electricity, fly in a plane, take a cruise, etc., are all ruining the earth.

Of course the answer we expect to satisfy us is that we are more reasonable in the way we ruin the environment. That we are not like the big energy companies that take these fuels out of the ground for us. So this means, therefore, that as long as we only participate in ruining the earth, that we aren't going to be brought to ruin. I don't see many of us (or any of us) shouting this particular warning from the housetops to everyone who is ruining the earth. Most religions are silent about this particular warning, or even become complicit in the the politically expedient idea that politics trumps science on this subject. It's "politically correct" to be weak and hide from this problem.

(Surprisingly, one of the biggest factors ruining the earth is the "Western" version of suburbs, in spite of the fact that this appears to make more of the earth look like thousands of little parks.)

..........all persons who burn fossil fuels.........

I guess this is like saying "mankind started polluting the earth since he lit the first fire"............however, I personally do not hold that view, because there was a time when the "natural" cycles coped with general pollution,(climate scientists warned of the problem in the late 60's - early 70's), but due to greed, particularly of coal and oil conglomerates, politics, and man's imperfection, we find ourselves in the situation we find ourselves today. (We could probably add deforestation and millions of trees that have died in North America-due to climate change, etc, etc., only add to the problem) There have also allegedly been many energy and pollution saving inventions over the years that maybe could have "prevented," or at least slowed down the problem that we find ourselves in today - these were bought by fossil fuel companies, because they would have eaten into their profits...........

Unfortunately, as you rightly pointed out, we are part of society that is the cause of these problems we face and we probably would find it extremely hard or impossible to survive, (I certainly would not be communicating with you at this present time). I think that Pauls words at 1 Corinthians 7:31 .....making use of the world, but not to the full..... We are in a world controlled by Satan and as we know, the only hope for mankind is Gods Kingdom to sort ALL the worlds and faithful mankind's problems out.

With the way the world is going, what the brothers of the GB are saying by what is being brought out on jw broadcast-ing, at conventions and assemblies, it is not too far off..........we certainly are deep into the time of the end.

11 minutes ago, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

..........all persons who burn fossil fuels.........

I guess this is like saying "mankind started polluting the earth since he lit the first fire"............however, I personally do not hold that view, because there was a time when the "natural" cycles coped with general pollution,(climate scientists warned of the problem in the late 60's - early 70's), but due to greed, particularly of coal and oil conglomerates, politics, and man's imperfection, we find ourselves in the situation we find ourselves today. (We could probably add deforestation and millions of trees that have died in North America-due to climate change, etc, etc., only add to the problem) There have also allegedly been many energy and pollution saving inventions over the years that maybe could have "prevented," or at least slowed down the problem that we find ourselves in today - these were bought by fossil fuel companies, because they would have eaten into their profits...........

Unfortunately, as you rightly pointed out, we are part of society that is the cause of these problems we face and we probably would find it extremely hard or impossible to survive, (I certainly would not be communicating with you at this present time). I think that Pauls words at 1 Corinthians 7:31 .....making use of the world, but not to the full..... We are in a world controlled by Satan and as we know, the only hope for mankind is Gods Kingdom to sort ALL the worlds and faithful mankind's problems out.

With the way the world is going, what the brothers of the GB are saying by what is being brought out on jw broadcast-ing, at conventions and assemblies, it is not too far off..........we certainly are deep into the time of the end.

Yes Jehovah loves us and the earth ? soon he will remove all wickedness and those who cause it! It will be clean! 

Agape Bible Speaks ???

gifsart.gif