The World News Media

Bible Speaks

God's Witnesses in Ancient Times

Israelite parents witnessed by teaching their children about God's dealings with their forefathers 

When to instructed to observe the Passover each the people were told:

26 "And when your sons ask you, ‘What does this observance mean to you?’" 27 "you must say, ‘It is the sacrifice of the Passover to Jehovah, who passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt when he plagued the Egyptians, but he spared our houses.’” Then the people bowed low and prostrated themselves."
( Exodus 12:26,27) NWT

Parents may also have explained to their children that when Moses first approached Egypt's ruler to ask permission for the Israelites to worship Jehovah in the wilderness:

"But Pharʹaoh said: “Who is Jehovah, that I should obey his voice to send Israel away? I do not know Jehovah at all, and what is more, I will not send Israel away.”
(Exodus 5:2) NWT jw.org

IMG_7049.JPG

• Views 526
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God's Witnesses in Ancient Times Israelite parents witnessed by teaching their children about God's dealings with their forefathers  When to instructed to observe the Passover each the peopl

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.