The World News Media

How many of you love your husbands? ha ha ha..

Bible Speaks

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We must not think from our own perspective only.  There are many people in Jehovah's organization that come with a lot of baggage.  Some have never learnt to say " I love you" and others do not know h

How many of you love your husbands? ha ha ha.. Very Funny ? ???? There-was-a-group-of-women-gathered-at-a-seminar-on-how-to-live-in-a-loving-relationship There was a group of women gathered

@Queen Esther The motto of the story is this for success in a marriage: First Love one another, Communication is essential, and a three-fold cord with Jehovah most important! There also must be forgiv

Posted Images

"But I am learning! ..."

I think that we are all learning, I do think that we will ever stop learning.......which is probably a good thing.........and as the WT Study, a couple of weeks ago, said that one of things we should have is a sense of humour, (remember the smiley face?).........my problem is sometimes my sense of humour is a little too "warped"...........particularly for those whose second language may English..........add to that I am Australian, and some Australian humour can be difficult for others to comprehend sometimes.

My husband's mother was British and he has a very sharp sense of humor and he picks up humor from other countries very quickly - I am a bit slow - especially when it comes to things that rhyme with English words (my first language not English) like cockney jokes. But I do appreciate a good laugh (when I understand it).

"But I do appreciate a good laugh (when I understand it)."

Goodonyamate, or just, 'onyamate ...........which means loosely translated "that's really good my friend!"

:) this was similar to the smiley face that was in the WT Study (only it was a red/brownish colour).......that said, a Christian should have a sense of humour.

I was shocked the first time a Brit called me a "mate".   I thought they only refer to men in this way - and he also just meant my friend!   Now you are reiterating the same lesson....onyamate!  .....

JW insider?  Where are you from?  Just curious.....

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

JW insider?  Where are you from?  Just curious.....

Born/raised in California. School and pioneering in Missouri. Bethel in Brooklyn. Got married and stayed around NYC and Boston [A D Little] for all my work post-Bethel. Worked in San Francisco and Paris for about 6 months each, too, but for same company.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.