The World News Media

Guard Me Like The Apple ? Of Your Eye In The Shadow Of Your Wings

Bible Speaks

8 Guard me like the apple of your eye,screening me in the shadow of    your wings." by Psalms 1:1-150:6 - Byington

8 Keep me as the apple of the eye;    Hide me under the shadow of thy wings." Psalms 17:8 - American Standard Version

8 Keep me as the apple of the eye,     hide me under the shadow of thy wings." Psalms 17:8- King James Version

8 "Guard me like the apple of your eye, screening me in the shadow of your wings.- Psalms 17:8-NWT 

The eye is extremely tender and sensitive; even a small hair or speck      of dust between the lid and eyeball is quickly noticed. The transparent part    of the eye (the cornea) covering the pupil must be guarded and cared for, because if this portion is scarred by injury or becomes cloudy through disease, distorted vision or blindness can result. With force and yet with delicacy of expression the Bible uses “the pupil of your eyes” in speaking of that which is to be guarded with utmost care. God’s law is to be so treated.      (Pr 7:2) 

Mentioning God’s fatherly care of Israel, Deuteronomy 32:10 says that He safeguarded the nation “as the pupil of his eye.” David prayed that he would be protected and cared for by God as “the pupil of the eyeball.” (Ps 17:8) He wanted Jehovah to be quick to act in   his behalf when under enemy attack. (Compare Zec 2:8; where the Hebrew ba·vathʹ ʽaʹyin, “eyeball,” is used.)

Similarly, the expression “apple of the eye” is found in the King James Version (Ps 17:8; Pr 7:2; and others) but is not a Hebrew expression, the literal translation being “the pupil of [one’s] eyeball.”

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003583?q=ps+17%3A8&p=par

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000315?q=ps+17%3A8&p=par

IMG_1164.JPG

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

8 Guard me like the apple of your eye,screening me in the shadow of    your wings." by Psalms 1:1-150:6 - Byington 8 Keep me as the apple of the eye;    Hide me under the shadow of thy wings." Ps

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.