The World News Media

APRIL 3, 2017 - RUSSIA On Video: Experts React to Threat of Ban on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia... 3 video's !

Queen Esther

APRIL 3, 2017
RUSSIA
On Video: Experts React to Threat of Ban on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

On April 5, 2017, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation is expected to rule on whether to liquidate and ban the activity of all legal entities used by Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout Russia. A ruling against the Witnesses would criminalize their worship. Several human rights experts from Russia and abroad comment on the unjust actions of Russian authorities and how a ban on Jehovah’s Witnesses would affect not only the Witnesses but also Russia’s international reputation and religious freedom for its citizens.

Heiner Bielefeldt: “If Jehovah’s Witnesses are extremist, I think we all are”

Former UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief

Dr. Massimo Introvigne: “The only relationship between Jehovah’s Witnesses and violence is that they have been victims of violence”

Sociologist and Former Representative of the OSCE on Combating Racism, Xenophobia, Discrimination

Annika Hvithamar: ‘If Jehovah’s Witnesses are extremist, then most versions of Christianity could be accused of the same thing’

Associate Professor/Head of Studies,  Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies, University of Copenhagen.

( watch  the  video's  on  jw.org )

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/experts-on-threat-of-ban-jehovahs-witnesses/

• Views 2.5k
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

APRIL 3, 2017 RUSSIA On Video: Experts React to Threat of Ban on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia On April 5, 2017, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation is expected to rule on whether to li

These three videos could be recommended for ALL people to watch, irrespective of race, religion, etc., it certainly establishes that Jehovah's people are in no way extremists, are a non-violent and pe

@ARchiv@L  Thank  you  for  always  soooo  many  links... wonderful  work !

Posted Images

These three videos could be recommended for ALL people to watch, irrespective of race, religion, etc., it certainly establishes that Jehovah's people are in no way extremists, are a non-violent and peace loving people........and these expressions are from people, who are NON Witnesses

Thank you for bringing these videos to our attention Queen Esther.

Although the Witnesses are seeking legal redress in both domestic courts and the European Court of Human Rights, The Moscow Times of March 25, 2016, reported that Russia passed a new law “giving Russian courts the right to overrule international courts’ decisions.”

I took this snippet from the jw.org web site..........I though it quite interesting. Note my highlighted section.........."if it doesn't fit, we'll pass a law to make it fit"

I thought the following was rather interesting, with my last post, in mind:

Russia’s Foreign Ministry also called for an immediate meeting of the United Nations Security Council after President Vladi­mir Putin declared the strike a violation of international law.

I must say that their view of things seem to change like the weather.........one minute they will overrule any international court decisions and now they are seeking redress through an international body.......can't seem to make up their minds what they want!!!

PS..........and I am only guessing that the annexation of part of the Ukraine was not a violation of international law

@John Lindsay Barltrop  We can't look into their hearts....  so we've to wait. Bec. new bomb attacks, it can come to Delays. Russia seems overwhelmed - Satan is also trying to disturb all what he can :( He wants make special humans confusing, bec. his time is very short now !  Lets have more patience, thats always my words. Jehovah has all things under control??

Heiner Bielefeldt: 

Dr. Massimo Introvigne: 

Annika Hvithamar: 

Lyudmila Alekseyeva: 

Anatoly Vasilyevich Pchelintsev: 

Vladimir Vasilyevich Ryakhovskiy: 

Maksim Shevchenko: 

The comments by Anatoly Vasilyevich Pchelintsev, reminded me somewhat of the words spoken by the Pharisee, Gamaliel in Acts 5:33-40, when he warned the Sanhedrin

PS Well worth listening to the others  as well as they express their concern over the actions of the Russian authorities seeking to ban our brothers and Organisation there in the Russian Federation. (and, as I pointed out recently, ALL NON Witnesses).

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.