Guest Kurt

• Views 988
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those letter senders from the Upper Cape was Mariah Kempton, a 10-year-old from Falmouth who is a member of the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in East Falmouth.

“I thought you might want to know how a 10-year-old might explain her beliefs. Ever since I was born, my parents have taught me about the Bible. I have learned to love God and neighbor, to have love for family, to respect government, and obey the laws,” Mariah stated in a letter she addressed to Mr. Lebedev.

“It is my understanding that the laws of the Russian government guarantee freedom of religion to all citizens. Jehovah’s Witnesses strive to be good citizens,” Mariah’s letter states. It continues and asks that the official consider God’s word before banning the religion.

Her father, Ricky Kempton, expressed joy about watching his daughter send a letter.

“There’s no better feeling than to see your child grow and display qualities of genuine love for mankind,” he said. “I am very proud of my daughter, as are millions of other Jehovah’s Witness parents whose children took the time to write a heartfelt message to the leaders of Russia in support of our brothers and sisters.”

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.