The World News Media

One Thing I Have Asked From Jehovah, That I May Dwell In His House The Rest of My Life

Bible Speaks

"One thing I have asked from   Jehovah—It is what I will look for—That I may dwell in the house of Jehovah all the days of my life, To gaze upon the pleasantness of Jehovah, And to look with  appreciation upon his temple." (Psalms 27:4) 

In David’s day, “the house of Jehovah” was the tabernacle. It was David himself who made arrangements for the elaborate temple structure that was to be built by his son Solomon.

Centuries later, Jesus revealed that rendering acceptable worship to Jehovah would no longer be contingent on having one grand structure that was blessed by God. 

To remain courageous, we need ongoing instruction in God’s way. This is evident from David’s plea: “Instruct me, O Jehovah, in your way, and lead me in the path of uprightness on account of my foes.” (Ps. 27:11

By allowing Jehovah to instruct us and lead us in the path of uprightness, we will have no cause for fear.

David next underscores the necessity of faith and hope by saying: “If I had not had faith in seeing the goodness of Jehovah in the land of those alive—!” (Ps. 27:13

Indeed, where would we be without our God-given hope and our appreciation for the things discussed in Psalm 27

May we, then, continue to pray confidently for strength and deliverance as we face the events leading up to Armageddon.

David drew strength from his memories of Jehovah’s acts of deliverance.

Read Psalm 27:14.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012524?q=ps+27%3A4&p=par

IMG_2783.JPG

• Views 683
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4 "One thing I have asked from   Jehovah—It is what I will look for—That I may dwell in the house of Jehovah all the days of my life, To gaze upon the pleasantness of Jehovah, And to look with  apprec

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.