The World News Media

Russia Unleashes Crime Wave Against Jehovah's Witnesses After Ruling Them As Extremists

The Librarian

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 10.45.20 PM.png

ST PETERSBURG, Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses of Kolomyazhski Perspective. Within a few hours after the verdict two cars full of crazies have traveled to the Assembly Hall. The cars were arranged so as to block the entrance to the room. The Haunting began screaming and yelling offensive phrases against Jehovah's Witnesses. In the absence of any reaction to their provocations they began throwing stones and causing damage to the structure. The photos bear witness to the passage of the possessed.

The lawyers of the process branch had predicted that events would take such a turn. So who are the extremists? We are seeing a new Kristallnacht?

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 10.45.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 10.44.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 10.44.42 PM.png

Another report below:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Interview with Yaroslav Sivulsky, member of governing body of the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

Portal-Credo.ru (21.04.2017) – http://bit.ly/2oruP5F –

Portal-Credo.Ru: What are the very first practical consequences of the decision of the Supreme Court of the RF regarding your liquidation? 

Yaroslav Sivulsky: One can say with certainty that we will not be able to conduct our big events—district and regional congresses, which we conduct three times a year, because our activity will not only be suspended but it is prohibited according to the court. In essence, this part of the decision is taking effect immediately. And if our houses of worship are confiscated, then regular meetings of congregations, which are conducted weekly, also will be impossible. Most likely, only one option remains—that is to meet in private homes of fellow believers. But this is a serious restriction of freedom. 

Have any excesses arisen in the wake of yesterday’s decision and the “informational campaign” to arouse hostility toward Jehovah’s Witnesses in the news media that accompanies it?

–Today we learned that our Hall of Congresses in St. Petersburg was stoned, glass was broken, and serious physical damage was caused. From the regions we are receiving reports that some of our houses of worship have already been sealed. For example, in Crimea just yesterday police came to the house of worship, interrupted a meeting, and sealed the building. But these are only the starters; all this will come to fruition and around the country a wave of violence against Jehovah’s Witnesses is rising.

How is the Administrative Center now functioning?

–In essence, it ceased its usual activity: bank accounts are frozen, and work is not being conducted any longer in the offices. We are following the court’s decision and we cannot do anything else for now.

Will you continue evangelistic work in Russia, and if so, in what forms?

–We call this activity witnessing. Our fellow believers witness about what is written in the Bible, and it seems to me now this should be the personal decision of each of our fellow believers in the country, how they will act in the future. They should take account of certain consequences that participation in religious activity may entail, but practice will show that no decision of courts will be able to restrain a Christian from performing the task which Jesus Christ or God commanded of acquainting other people with God’s standards, with his intentions, and with his personality. Most likely, this activity will continue. Perhaps in a somewhat less explicit form.

The status of the Jehovah’s Witnesses was equated in the Russian federation to the Islamic State . . .

–Actually, the boundary between real and virtual extremism has been washed away. Many times such statements of our defenders have been voiced in the Supreme Court: Jehovah’s Witnesses are accused of virtual or literal extremism. It is clear that Jehovah’s Witnesses are not any kind of extremists; they are very far from this. On the contrary, they proclaim respect for people and love. Jesus said: “By this they will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another,” and not hatred. Jehovah’s Witnesses treat people of other faiths and other nations with respect. If you come to an international congress of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, you will see the greatest diversity of skin color and the greatest diversity of nationalities—and they all hug each other and get along amicably.

Is it true that on the eve of this court decision you made some attempts to rearrange the property belonging to Jehovah’s Witnesses organizations in order to save it from confiscation?

–Some small attempts were made. But it seems that this was blocked. However before the court’s decision takes effect there is still a lot of time, but all operations with our immovable property are suspended so that we have no chances for rewriting or rearranging anything.

That means that for you there is already nowhere to return to your workplace?

–Essentially, yes.

Interview conducted by Vladimir Oivin, Portal-Credo.Ru.

(tr. by PDS, posted 23 April 2017)

http://hrwf.eu/russia-wave-of-violence-against-jehovahs-witnesses/

• Views 6.9k
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder what this means not answers yet? Noted as of 2015 article? We definitely DEEP into these prophecies.  Daniel 11: 36 “The king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt himself and magnify

thank you @The Librarian .   am adding this in other 2 languages .... as you say .... αγάπη

So this pogrom is the fruition of the decision. Inspite of the warnings that this would be the result, the court ruled against us anyway. I recall when it was stated, "They may take your buildings, bu

Posted Images

So this pogrom is the fruition of the decision. Inspite of the warnings that this would be the result, the court ruled against us anyway. I recall when it was stated, "They may take your buildings, but they cannot take your faith." That is true, but the court really could not have cared less for the lives and well being of the citizens adversely affected. 

I really hope all the friends who read the article take note of the statement about witnessing. The brother said, ". . .  it seems to me now this should be the personal decision of each of our fellow believers in the country, how they will act in the future. They should take account of certain consequences that participation in religious activity may entail, . . ." So, they are not telling fellow believers what to do, but it is up to each one of them to make a personal decision. That is tough. However, I can imagine that it is easier for some of them who have gone through this before to make the right decision. It will be harder for the folks in non oppressed societies to make this decision. At least, that is how I think about it. 

Also, they may not have Kingdom Halls, or literature to offer, but they can talk about the Bible. This is a good reminder that all of us of the need to bone up on scriptural truths and spend some time now solidifying these teachings in our mind and heart and learn to rely upon the Bible without teaching aids. 

I wonder what this means not answers yet? Noted as of 2015 article? We definitely DEEP into these prophecies. 

Daniel 11: 36 “The king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt himself and magnify himself above every god; and against the God of gods+ he will speak astonishing things. And he will prove successful until the denunciation comes to a finish; because what is determined must take place. 37 He will show no regard for the God of his fathers; nor will he show regard for the desire of women or for any other god, but he will magnify himself over everyone. 38 But instead* he will give glory to the god of fortresses; to a god that his fathers did not know he will give glory by means of gold and silver and precious stones and desirable* things. 39 He will act effectively against the most fortified strongholds, along with* a foreign god. He will give great glory to those who give him recognition,*and he will make them rule among many; and the ground he will apportion out* for a price."

As keen students of God’s Word, we wait with eager anticipation to see who in the near future will assume the role of “the king of the north.”But no matter who may take the lead in this coalition of nations, we are certain of two things: (1) Gog of Magog and his armies will be defeated and destroyed; and (2) our reigning King, Jesus Christ, will save God’s people and usher them into a new world of peace and true security.Rev. 7:14-17

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015364