The World News Media

WHAT ARE MY CONVICTIONS?

(1 Cor 9:26)

Why it matters: Without convictions, you’ll be wishy-washy. Like a chameleon, you’ll change colors to blend in with your peers—a sure sign that you don’t have your own identity.

Consider: The Bible encourages Christians to ‘prove to themselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.’ (Romans 12:2)

When your actions are based on your convictions, you stay true to yourself—regardless of what others do.

Bible example: While a teenager, the prophet Daniel “determined in his heart” that he would observe God’s laws, though separated from his family and fellow worshippers. (Daniel 1:8)

By doing so, he stayed true to himself. Daniel lived in accord with his convictions. In the end, which would you rather be like—a fallen leaf that gets blown around by every mild breeze or a tree that withstands even powerful storms? Strengthen your identity, and you’ll be like that tree. And that will help you answer the question, Who am I? When you have a strong identity, you are like a firmly rooted tree that can withstand powerful storms.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102011369?q=defend+beliefs&p=par

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG

• Views 698
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

WHAT ARE MY CONVICTIONS? (1 Cor 9:26) Why it matters: Without convictions, you’ll be wishy-washy. Like a chameleon, you’ll change colors to blend in with your peers—a sure sign that you don

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.