The World News Media

Early Christians Believed in the Trinity

Cos
Message added by admin

Please consider starting new topics rather than adding to this enormous one. You can link back on your new topic to this one if need be and/or tag users as needed.  Thank you for the interesting discussion.  

2 minutes ago, bruceq said:

Perfect example of what we are talking about. BTW John who wrote that passage you quote was a JEW and JEWS do not believe in a Trinity so you cannot find it there. Sorry

But what DID John write? He wrote that the Jews understood that Jesus claim was that God was His father, and in the minds of the Jews it made Jesus claim a claim of divinity. no way around that one Bruceq. 

• Views 15.3k
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Haiti, even today .. the population is 85% Catholic, and believe in the Trinity, as an institution (individual results may vary ...) AND 85% or so of THAT group also practice Voodoo and worship the

But not by First Century Christians taught by Jesus you know the ones in the New Testament. They used the BIBLE. The Bible, every single book in it, was written by Jews and Jews do not believe in God

Very good point. After all if the Trinity was in the Bible in the first place then NO ONE would have tried to put it there by a forgery. Which of course proves it is not in the Bible. {Yet that is not

Posted Images

Just now, Shiwiii said:

So you also believe that Jesus is a trumpet? I could see that, i mean from your way of thinking. 

Good. He speaks for God not himself. For more info on other what other beliefs are in the Bible instead of made up hundreds of years later try JW.ORG.

7 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

But what DID John write? He wrote that the Jews understood that Jesus claim was that God was His father, and in the minds of the Jews it made Jesus claim a claim of divinity. no way around that one Bruceq. 

John never mentioned a "Trinity" please show me what Translation you are using that says so. John knew God was not a Trinity so he would not be teaching about a false God. The Bible should interpret itself not interpreted by manmade creeds written after the Bible.

You seem to be  arguing that Jesus is God but where is the third person. Jehovah's Witnesses have no problem in Jesus being called God so what is your argument about?

1 minute ago, bruceq said:

Good. He speaks for God not himself. For more info on other what other beliefs are in the Bible instead of made up hundreds of years later try JW.ORG.

Give it up with the jw.borg thing man, if you don't know or can't explain it yourself, then don't even bother. 

Again, does a King announce himself? No

Who is the King? Jesus

Would Jesus announce Himself? No, no need to as God's trumpet and the voice of an archangel will do it for Him. 

John never mentioned a "Trinity" please show me what Translation you are using that says so. John knew God was not a Trinity so he would not be teaching about a false God. The Bible should interpret itself not interpreted by manmade creeds written after the Bible.

Do you see somewhere where I said the word "trinity" is in the Bible? No, it is a lame excuse to avoid what is actually said. Just answer the question/statement I made. I'll post it again for you:

But what DID John write? He wrote that the Jews understood that Jesus claim was that God was His father, and in the minds of the Jews it made Jesus claim a claim of divinity.

4 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Do you see somewhere where I said the word "trinity" is in the Bible? No, it is a lame excuse to avoid what is actually said. Just answer the question/statement I made. I'll post it again for you:

But what DID John write? He wrote that the Jews understood that Jesus claim was that God was His father, and in the minds of the Jews it made Jesus claim a claim of divinity.

Maybe the word is not in the Bible because as I have stated before "The Bible writers such as John were Jews and Jews do not believe in a Trinity so you cannot look there for your teaching". Please try another Scripture if you dare. PLEASE I am having fun here:D Its Howdy Doody Time !

6 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Of course I believe in the divinity of Jesus but not the Trinity of him. Because John and other Bible Writers were not Trinitarians.

Of course I believe in the divinity of Jesus but no the Trinity of him.

So do you believe Jesus equal with the Father? That was the understanding by the Jews of Jesus claim and why John wrote what he did. 

2 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

Do you mean something like 2Pet 2:4?

please elaborate, I'm not seeing where angels being cast into hell and reserved for judgement (by Jesus) has anything to do with the statement I made. 

1 minute ago, Shiwiii said:

So do you believe Jesus equal with the Father? That was the understanding by the Jews of Jesus claim and why John wrote what he did. 

John was a Jew and Jews do not believe in a Trinity so using John to try and prove your point is pointless to say the least. That is like me trying to use your words to show that you believe something that you know you do not believe in. :D.

John was a Jew and Jews do not believe in a Trinity so using John to try and prove your point is pointless to say the least. That is like me trying to use your words to show that you believe something that you know you do not believe in. :D.

We are not talking about John's beliefs here, nor mine nor yours. The statement is what the JEWS thought. John only recorded it. I'm beginning to think you don't even care to discuss, but only to dodge and avoid the Biblical facts presented to you. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.