The World News Media

♦️ HITLER'S EFFORTS TO WIPE OUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IN GERMANY FAILED♦️

Bible Speaks

♦️ HITLER'S EFFORTS TO WIPE OUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IN GERMANY FAILED: “Do not meddle with these men, but let them alone; because, ... if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them..." —Acts 5:38, 39.

♦️

During 1933, when Jehovah’s Witnesses in Germany refused to heil Adolf Hitler as their Führer, Hitler vowed to exterminate them. 

♦️

Hitler launched a campaign to annihilate Jehovah’s Witnesses in Germany. By 1935 they were proscribed in the entire nation.

♦️

Widespread arrests occurred. A “special Gestapo Command” was formed to fight against the Witnesses. 

♦️

The Nazis did succeed in rounding up thousands of Witnesses and sending them off to concentration camps. Repeatedly they were promised release from the camps if they would only sign a declaration renouncing their beliefs.

♦️

The Earthly part of Jehovah's Organization wrote a personal letter to Adolf Hitler warning him regarding the situation. J. F. Rutherford along with the entire worldwide brotherhood went into action. Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout the earth met and, after united prayer to Jehovah, sent a cablegram warning the Hitler government: “Your ill-treatment of Jehovah’s witnesses shocks all good people of earth and dishonors God’s name. Refrain from further persecuting Jehovah’s witnesses; otherwise God will destroy you and your national party.” 

♦️

October 7, 1934, Adolf Hitler with clenched fists declared regarding Jehovah’s Witnesses: “This enemy of Great Germany, This brood  of International Bible Students will be exterminated in Germany!” 

♦️

Whereas many others of different faiths within the camps gave in to signing a declaration renouncing their beliefs, Jehovah's Witnesses' faith remained unwaivered.The Witnesses kept right on preaching that God’s Kingdom is mankind’s only hope. At the end of the war, over a thousand surviving Witnesses came out of the camps, with their faith intact and their love for one another strong. 

♦️

The Nazis failed to break the Witnesses’ resolve to worship God alone, and they failed to eliminate God’s servants as a group. 

♦️

Why was Hitler, with his well-equipped army, highly trained police,  unable to carry out his threat to destroy this relatively small and unarmed group of what the world views as ordinary people? 

♦️

The answer lies in some wise advice given by Gamaliel, a Law teacher, to fellow members of the Jewish Sanhedrin when they were dealing with a similar case involving the apostles of Jesus Christ. He said: “Do not meddle with these men, but let them alone; because, if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; but if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them; otherwise, you may perhaps be found fighters actually against God.”—Acts 5:38, 39.

♦️

Sixty years later, faithful survivors of Hitler’s concentration camps are still serving Jehovah ‘with their whole heart and soul and mind,’ whereas today Hitler and his Nazi party are wiped off the face of the earth,  nowhere to be found, living only in infamy.

♦️

Why is this significant apart from any other groups that were persecuted? 1) Jehovah's witnesses were smaller in comparison to other religious groups at that time 2) An entire national government vowed to wipe them out, but they grew rapidly despite persecution 3) Jehovah's witnesses were the only organization carrying out the prophetic work foretold in the Bible at Matthew 24:14 that God's servants would proclaim: The Good news of God's Kingdom. Hitler vowed he would put an end to this organization, but not only was he not able to stop, but the faith of  Jehovah's Witnesses never dwindled. It had rather spread even more during and after the war than it had before the war, Jehovah's witnesses being in even greater numbers than they were before the war—all without weapons, force, or any use of violence and rebellion whatsoever.

♦️

Jehovah's name and his Kingdom are still being proclaimed in Germany by some total of what went from only a few thousand of Jehovah's servants during Hitler's reign, to today numbering far over 165,837 and still rapidly growing. The work is from Jehovah, not man, and the work of Jehovah cannot be overthrown. 

♦️

<3 “They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea.”—Isaiah 2:4; 11:9.

♦️

♦️ DOCUMENTARY: Jehovah's Witnesses Stand Firm Under Nazi Assault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLnqSuRqSc

♦️

JW.ORG

♦️

• jv 552, 553, 659-660, 693, w05 12/15 pp. 19-24

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

♦️ HITLER'S EFFORTS TO WIPE OUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IN GERMANY FAILED: “Do not meddle with these men, but let them alone; because, ... if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them..." —Ac

♦️DOCUMENTARY: Jehovah's Witnesses Stand Firm Under Nazi Assault https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLnqSuRqSc    

Posted Images