The World News Media

You Should Be Holy, Because I Am Holy ???

Bible Speaks

"You should be holy, because I, Jehovah your God, am holy."—Lev. 19:2.

???

“HOLY, holy, holy is Jehovah God.” (Revelation 4:8) With those words, the Bible attributes to Jehovah holiness, which involves purity and cleanness, to the superlative degree. God is completely separate from sinfulness; he cannot be defiled or tainted by sin in any way. 

???

The command regarding holiness gives us valuable insight into the thinking and ways of Jehovah God. 

???

For one thing, we learn that in order to have a close relationship with him, we need to do our best to live in harmony with his standards of holy conduct. (1 Peter 1:15, 16) By holding to those standards, we can enjoy the best way of life possible.—Isaiah 48:17.

???

The command to be holy also reflects Jehovah’s confidence in his worshippers. Jehovah never expects more of us than we can do. (Psalm 103:13, 14) He knows that we humans, who are made in his image, have within us the potential to cultivate holiness—at least in a relative sense. (Genesis 1:26

???

Are you moved to learn more about how you can draw closer to the holy God, Jehovah?

We have within us the potential to cultivate holiness ???

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009484?q=lev+19%3A2&p=par

IMG_4675.JPG

• Views 529
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You should be holy, because I, Jehovah your God, am holy."—Lev. 19:2. ??? “HOLY, holy, holy is Jehovah God.” (Revelation 4:8) With those words, the Bible attributes to Jehovah holiness, whi

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.