The World News Media

Guest Nicole

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

and although many will not be able to understand why I think so ... with his personality he HAD to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses,

I believe I do understand this. He possibly was not unlike you, only he died having made peace with leadership of the congregation. His name is spoken of gingerly by some. He was in and out a time or two, I think, but ended up in. About the time I wrote the tomsheepandgoats.com posts, I wrote him, having read a few of his books just prior. But I had only an address found online somewhere - it came back undeliverable.  Shortly afterwards, I heard he had died. 

You cannot but love his lines. Such as, (not a direct quote) "[such and such] may be my last book. I can't sit for eight hours anymore. My rear end gets sore."

• Views 6k
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My BOOKS, you old hen! You know it very well. My BOOKS, written by the most astute mind of our times, a person who, despite being undeniably brilliant, is unfailingly respectful of all persons an

Who doesn't? Besides, you know full well that beheading is no more than an auxiliary point, nowhere presented as the main reason. These days (thankfully) it recedes even more as a factor when the

I think he needs to chill a bit, and take a handful of Blamitol (tm). Blamitol edited higher res .mp4

Posted Images

I have no idea what a fictional character would have thought, perhaps dis-interest.

.... as I do give it some thought. Hmmmmm .... OK... got it. 

Mike Hammer would have absolutely NO INTEREST in Science Fiction, but he ( say, he went with some Dame wit' beautiful gams to da' show..) would not be horrified by things that King David of Israel, coming home after a hard day of slaughtering the enemies of God in close hand-to-hand combat, his clothes covered in blood and pieces of sticky gore, and globs and smears of their stomachs and intestines stuck to his armor, as he ripped them open with a sword or spear,  and their guts fell out in a steaming mass on the ground, and they screamed and cried in agony, or after chopping a Philistine in the throat, watching him unsucessfully try to stop the torrent of blood, as it squirted through the fingers clasped to his throat, and he lay there, gurgling and wheezing through lungs filling up with his own blood.

... but those "Alien" franchise movies are firmly entrenched in contemporary popular culture, and have become the "new norm" and make Mike Hammer's visuals tame in the extreme. The same was true about everyday life in King David's time ... but today reality has been Bugs Bunny sanitized.

Just as today, we think Rhett Butler's exclamation of "Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn ... " in the Civil war era movie "Gone with the Wind", which line was scandalous at the time and worthy of censorship by many, an irrelevant "nothing issue", today.

I remember BOTH "Worlds"., and understand King David's world.

...   and I used to be a pacifist, until I understood reality.

... and when I can, I even take spiders outside, so they do not go hungry.

And that, as Mike Hammer would say ... is the bird's-eye low-down on THAT caper ...

dt170609  600 .jpg

4 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

King David of Israel, coming home after a hard day of slaughtering the enemies of God in close hand-to-hand combat, his clothes covered in blood and pieces of sticky gore, and globs and smears of their stomachs and intestines stuck to his armor, as he ripped them open with a sword or spear,  and their guts fell out in a steaming mass on the ground, and they screamed and cried in agony, or after chopping a Philistine in the throat,

and enters his front door, and hollers "Honey? I'm home!"

"and when I can, I even take spiders outside, so they do not go hungry"

I can understand this, too.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• By the way, if you're into stuff like this, you might wanna check out https://thepythagoras.com/. They have some neat articles about ancient civilizations and their contributions to science and math. It’s really interesting how much we owe to these early thinkers.
    • The Dendera Zodiac is such an amazing piece of history. Imagine ancient Egyptians looking up at the same stars we do now and creating this detailed map. It's mind-blowing! So, what do I think about it? I think it's a fascinating blend of art and astronomy. Those ancient folks really knew their stuff. The way they incorporated their gods and mythologies into the constellations is just brilliant. And it's not just about the stars, it’s a glimpse into how they viewed the universe and their place in it.
    • FIFA's collaboration with Algorand represents a significant milestone for blockchain technology. Algorand will serve as the official blockchain platform for FIFA, supporting events such as the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership is poised to enhance FIFA's digital asset management while boosting Algorand's visibility through advertising and promotional opportunities. On another note, I've been tuning into African football recently. The match between Kanifing East FC and Latrikunda United was unexpectedly impressive. African football often goes underappreciated, yet the skill and enthusiasm in these matches are evident. We can expect even more significant development and excitement in African football with increased attention and support.
    • The partnership between FIFA and Algorand is a big step for blockchain technology. Algorand will be the official blockchain platform for FIFA, sponsoring events like the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership will help FIFA with digital assets and provide advertising and promotional opportunities for Algorand. 
    • Are you  excited for the upcoming Euro Cup?
  • Members

• Dwight Howard

Dwight Howard 0

• chan

chan 0

• Recent Status Updates

• Gilles h  »  jpl

Bonjour mon frère 
      J'espère que tu vas bien 
      Aurais-tu les points actualités et culte matinal en transcription.
      Je te remercie d'avance 
      Merci de partager avec nous
      Un très belle journée 

· 2 replies
    • lauleb  »  misette

merci pour ton travail très utile. tu es une aide qui fortifie
      · 0 replies
    • Pamela Dunston  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi, TB
      I would like to get the weekly meeting and watchtower materials  and the 2024 convention 
      Attend the 2024 Convention—“Declare the Good News!”
      notebook, I just recently got a new computer, If don't mind my brother to add me on and allow me access to our study again.

Thank you, so much
      Sister Dunston
      · 2 replies
    • SpiritualSister 24  »  DARLENE2022

Hello, Darlene, I just love your name, I had a cousin named Darline, and had a classmate also named Darlene! It's a pleasure to know another Darlene! Especially a Spiritual Sister! There's some websites, Ministry Ideaz , JW Stuff.com, and Etsy that I use to order my yearly buttons for the Conventions! They always send me what I order, and their also Jehovah's Witnesses, that send us the merchandise we order!  You can check out these websites, and they might have what your looking for! I hope I have been helpful in assisting you, Darlene! Agape love, Shirley!😀
      · 1 reply
    • SpiritualSister 24

2024"Enter Into God's Rest" Circuit Assembly! 
      · 0 replies
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lissabelgium

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.