The World News Media

"Where are your gods that you made for yourself? Let them rise up if they can save you in your time of calamity." ???

Bible Speaks

"Where are your gods that you made for yourself? Let them rise up if they can save you in your time of calamity."—Jer. 2:28.

???

Sadly, Israel did not prove faithful to their God, Jehovah. They allowed themselves to be influenced by nations that worshipped gods of wood and stone. In the eighth century B.C.E., the prophet Hosea wrote: “Israel is a degenerate vine . . . He multiplies his altars . . . Their heart is hypocritical; now they will be found guilty.” (Hos. 10:1, 2

???

About a century and a half later, Jeremiah recorded these words of Jehovah to His unfaithful people: “I planted you as a choice red vine, all of it pure seed; so how have you turned into the degenerate shoots of a foreign vine before me? . . . Where are your gods that you made for yourself? Let them rise up if they can save you in your time of calamity . . . My own people have forgotten me.”—Jer. 2:21, 28, 32.

???

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014845?q=jer+2%3A28&p=par

IMG_4574.JPG

• Views 575
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Where are your gods that you made for yourself? Let them rise up if they can save you in your time of calamity."—Jer. 2:28. ??? Sadly, Israel did not prove faithful to their God, Jehovah. T

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.