The World News Media

“Jehovah is my share,”I have said, “that is why I will show a waiting attitude for him.” ?????

Bible Speaks

• Views 791
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Jehovah is my share,”I have said, “that is why I will show a waiting attitude for him.” Lam.3:24. 2 Pictures 1 Moving (it's nice!) 1 Regular  IMG_7407.mov

I did more reading last night! Sad book of Dirges. Yet to me gloomy poems! Anyone else feel that way? Jehovah is a God of justice, very open and candid the books.           ??? LAMENTATIONS, BOOK

Posted Images

I did more reading last night! Sad book of Dirges. Yet to me gloomy poems! Anyone else feel that way? Jehovah is a God of justice, very open and candid the books.           ???

LAMENTATIONS, BOOK OF

In Biblical days lamentations, or dirges, were composed and chanted for deceased friends (2Sa 1:17-27), devastated nations (Am 5:1, 2), and ruined cities (Eze 27:2, 32-36). The book of Lamentations furnishes an inspired example of such mournful composition. It consists of five lyrical poems (in five chapters) lamenting the destruction of Jerusalem at Babylonian hands in 607 B.C.E.

The book acknowledges that Jehovah justly brought punishment upon Jerusalem and Judah because of the error of his people. (La 1:5, 18) It also highlights God’s loving-kindness and mercy and shows that Jehovah is good to the one hoping in him.—La 3:22, 25.

Name. In the Hebrew this book is named by the opening word ʼEh·khahʹ!, which means “How!” The Septuagint translators called the book Threʹnoi, meaning “Dirges; Laments.” In the Babylonian Talmud (Bava Batra 14b) it is identified by the term Qi·nohthʹ, meaning “Dirges; Elegies,” and it is called Lamentationes (Latin) by Jerome. The English name Lamentations comes from this latter title.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002675

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.