The World News Media

Brother free after 20 years of jail for a crime he never committed

Bible Speaks

Brother free after 20 years of jail for a crime he never committed. Contreras was 20 years old when he was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison in 1997 after being accused of attempted murder and robbery.

He said he remembers that September 10, 1996 when he had returned from his night work and went straight to sleep.

" lived an ordinary life, worked as a security guard. I had two years I had graduated from high school and was planning to work on construction, but it was never done ", he said.

That same morning another person stopped at a gas station in compton and fired several times against another man identified as José García and fled in a vehicle waiting for him. Garcia spent 23 days at the hospital, but he survived.

A witness, who was waiting in his car to change the red light, saw the scene and copied the plates from the car where the thugs fled. The vehicle was registered under the name Contreras.

Shortly thereafter, the witness "Identified Contreras" as the gunman.

Contreras said he was arrested a few weeks after the armed attack. "first he was frustrated, but then he was trying not to fall into depression", he said.It's been 20 years." congratulations mijo. I love you so much ", said Maria Contreras to her frame while hugging him profusely in front of the cameras. The Mother said that since sunday - when she learned that contreras would be free - she was counting the hours anxiously.

"yes, justice was done to get my poor son out because he didn't sleep to think about him", he said. " I knew from the beginning that he was innocent. He didn't even have a ticket, much less something else [major crimes]", he said.

His Father, Mr Donato Contreras, said that although he often visited his son in prison, he is now much happier to see him free. "thanks to everyone who helped us and I don't have how to pay them that", he said. "of all my children I think this is the most good of all".When asked if he felt any grudge, Contreras denied his head: " No, none. There's no reason."

For Now, he said, he was waiting for two things: Good Mexican food and April 11. is a Jehovah's witness, and that is the day that his name will remember the anniversary of Jesus's death.

His faith, he said, had prevented him from the spiral of depression.

https://laopinion.com/2017/03/28/hombre-es-liberado-tras-pasar-20-anos-en-la-carcel/

IMG_7930.JPG

IMG_7938.JPG

IMG_7939.JPG

• Views 2k
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brother free after 20 years of jail for a crime he never committed. Contreras was 20 years old when he was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison in 1997 after being accused of attempted mu

Great article. Another case of injustice in this world. Glad to see (upon further research) that he was found innocent by reason of fact and not due to some technicality. The police actually arrested

@David Normand Sometimes we are unjustly treated. Jehovah knows and sees all! Thank you for your positive encouragement.  ???????

Posted Images

Great article. Another case of injustice in this world. Glad to see (upon further research) that he was found innocent by reason of fact and not due to some technicality. The police actually arrested three other individuals and charged them with the crime which was really a murder for hire scheme related to some drug deal. Marco Contreras stated that it was his strong faith, as one of Jehovah's Witnesses,  that kept him from spiraling into depression. 

We just had our regional convention and one of the parts spoke about unjust imprisonment and the need to stay focused and never give up in such circumstances. They spoke about Joseph who was unjustly imprisoned and how he stayed strong with Jehovah to the point that the guards entrusted him with weighty responsibility in the prison due to his fine conduct. 

54 minutes ago, David Normand said:

We just had our regional convention and one of the parts spoke about unjust imprisonment and the need to stay focused and never give up in such circumstances. They spoke about Joseph who was unjustly imprisoned and how he stayed strong with Jehovah to the point that the guards entrusted him with weighty responsibility in the prison due to his fine conduct. 

@David Normand  We act properly and Jehovah rewards us. Can you imagine Waiting 13 years? We must wait on Jehovah never knowing how long it will take to praise His Name and perhaps release us from our persecutors.

?????????

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.