The World News Media

Bible Speaks

Jehovah’s Restored People Praise Him Earth Wide

?????

“I shall give to peoples the change to a pure language, in order for them all to call upon the name of Jehovah.”—ZEPHANIAH 3:9.

?????

WHAT powerful judgment messages Jehovah inspired Zephaniah to deliver! Those words of doom were fulfilled upon the nation of Judah and her capital, Jerusalem, because the leaders and the people as a whole were not doing Jehovah’s will. 

?????

The prophet was also inspired to include a wonderful message of hope—one that would be very comforting to those who continued to be faithful to Jehovah. As recorded at Zephaniah 3:9, Jehovah God declared: “Then I shall give to peoples the change to a pure language, in order for them all to call upon the name of Jehovah, in order to serve him shoulder to shoulder.”

?????

There would be people to whom the pure language would not be given. The prophecy takes note of them, saying: “I shall remove from the midst of you your haughtily exultant ones.” (Zephaniah 3:11) So the haughty ones who disdained God’s laws and practiced unrighteousness would be removed. And who would benefit from this? Zephaniah 3:12, 13 states: “I [Jehovah] shall certainly let remain in the midst of you a people humble and lowly, and they will actually take refuge in the name of Jehovah. As regards the remaining ones of Israel, they will do no unrighteousness, nor speak a lie, nor will there be found in their mouths a tricky tongue; for they themselves will feed and actually lie stretched out, and there will be no one making them tremble.”

?????

Regarding those who would enjoy that restoration, Zephaniah foretold: “Joyfully cry out, O daughter of Zion! Break out in cheers, O Israel! Rejoice and exult with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem! Jehovah has removed the judgments upon you. He has turned away your enemy. The king of Israel, Jehovah, is in the midst of you. You will fear calamity no more. In that day it will be said to Jerusalem: ‘Do not be afraid, O Zion. May your hands not drop down. Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries.’”—Zephaniah 3:14-17.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2001125?q=zep+3%3A9&p=par

IMG_8230.JPG

• Views 756
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.