The World News Media

Precious: Medicine my passion

Guest Kurt

image.png

young & ambitious with CHRISTINE CHISHA, ChililabombwePRECIOUS Nakawala is headgirl at Kawama Basic School in Chililabombwe and dreams of becoming a medical doctor.The suffering of the people in her community and some of her family members has stirred her desire to study hard so that she can become a medical doctor in future.

“Many people in my family and the community suffer from malaria, diarrhoea and HIV/AIDS. I feel for the people and the reason I want to study medicine so that I can come back and offer services to my community and family once I complete my studies,” she said.Precious’ favourite subjects are sciences, mathematics and home economics. She says she enjoys learning science because she learns how to prevent diseases and what to do when a person is sick.For home economics, Precious says she has learnt how to maintain good hygiene both at home and at school also good nutrition for the body.“I am very happy that our school has now been connected to power and we will be able to do home economics practicals which was missing,”.She believes that mathematics will help her on how to make a home budget once she starts work.She said with what she has learnt so far just in grade nine, she is confident that she will make it to grade ten and her aim is to be selected to study at Chililabombwe Secondary School.Precious also believes education is key to her reaching her goal of becoming a medical doctor.“I always encourage my fellow pupils to study hard and maintain discipline if we want to be good leaders in the future.”She said also as a headgirl, she wants to leave a good record at Kawama Basic School. She wants to be remembered as a disciplined pupil who performed well at school.Her hobbies are reading, singing and cooking. She also enjoys Bible study at her church, Jehovahs’ Witnesses.

image.pngsource<<<click

• Views 990
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.