The World News Media

How Did the Universe and Life Originate? — ?????

Bible Speaks

How Did the Universe and Life Originate?

?????

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”—Albert Einstein.

Scientific discoveries can induce a reverential attitude in some scientists. Albert Einstein admitted: “You will hardly find one among the profounder sort of scientific minds without a religious feeling of his own. . . . Religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.” 

?????

Yet, this does not necessarily lead scientists to believe in a Creator, a personal God.

If there is a Creator behind the universe, we cannot expect to comprehend him or his purposes by using telescopes, microscopes, or other scientific instruments. 

?????

Think of a potter and a vase that he has formed. No amount of examination of the vase itself can give an answer as to why it was made. 

For that, we must ask the potter himself. The Bible tells us that God prepared the earth especially with humans in mind. Isaiah 45:18 says regarding the earth: “God . . . did not create it simply for nothing [but] formed it even to be inhabited.” And he provided the earth with everything that people would need, not just to exist but to enjoy life to the full.

?????

Humans were given stewardship over the earth, “to cultivate it and to take care of it.” (Genesis 2:15) 

The Bible also explains that knowledge and wisdom are gifts from God and that we are to exercise love and justice toward one another. (Job 28:20, 25, 27; Daniel 2:20-23) 

?????

Thus, humans can find purpose and meaning in life only when they discover and embrace God’s purpose for them.

What Some Scientists Say

?????

Some people assume that most scientists avoid issues of spirituality and theology because they are not religious or do not wish to involve themselves in the science-versus-religion debate. 

That does describe some scientists but by no means all. Note what the following scientists have had to say.

?“The universe had a beginning but what scientists can’t explain is why. The answer is God.” “I see the Bible as a book of truth and divinely inspired. There has to be an intelligence behind the complexity of life.”—Ken Tanaka, planetary geologist at the U.S. Geological Survey.

?“The gap between the various kinds of knowledge (scientific and religious) is rather artificial. . . . Knowledge about the Creator and knowledge about creation are closely related.”—Enrique Hernández, researcher and professor at the Department of Physics and Theoretical Chemistry, National Autonomous University of Mexico.

?“As we develop all this information [about the human genome], it will reveal the complexity, the interdependence of all this material. It will point to the origin as the result of an intelligent creator, an intelligent agent.”—Duane T. Gish, biochemist.

?“There is no incompatibility between science and religion. Both are seeking the same truth. Science shows that God exists.”—D.H.R. Barton, professor of chemistry, Texas.

More info:

jw.org

2 Pictures 1 GIF 1 Moving Enjoy! ?

IMG_9178.mov

IMG_9180.GIF

• Views 923
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The definition of religion to me is the following:  the search for reality and how this reality affects your view of all life on earth.  THis is also the definition for science. THis is why I call fai

How Did the Universe and Life Originate? ????? “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”—Albert Einstein. Scientific discoveries can induce a reverential at

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102002402?q=the+universe&p=par2 

Posted Images

The definition of religion to me is the following:  the search for reality and how this reality affects your view of all life on earth.  THis is also the definition for science. THis is why I call faith in humans behind the science or darwinism - a religion.... they are searchingfor a reality but there is a lot of blind faith in their theories.

According to HEBR 11:   " faith is the evidence of realities"  .... So when one acknowledges the steps that jehovah has taken throughtout the ages to restore  his original purpose for the earth - and all the fulfullment of prophecy in connction with it - then one has the evidence needed to realize it is a reality much larger than humans.  

HEnce the bible and its message is a reality and not just incoherent thoughts.  IT has a rocksolid and logical theme running throughout it pages.

I laughed when i read the popular book by Steven hawkins many years ago... because he contradicted himself when he said something to this effect:   If there was no-one on earth to appeciate the beauty of it ...... even if it were here .... it would be asthough it never existed....... profound words if one thinks on it.... animals do not appreciate it as it should be appreciated!

humans can appreciate the colors and the intelligence behind creation .... so this means there was a purpose for it all - intelligent design to please those it was made for....

@Arauna 

"I laughed when i read the popular book by Steven hawkins many years ago... because he contradicted himself when he said something to this effect:   If there was no-one on earth to appeciate the beauty of it ...... even if it were here .... it would be asthough it never existed....... profound words if one thinks on it.... animals do not appreciate it as it should be appreciated!"

I,ve read some comments of His on pictures. If he is such a genius, he must get to know the Creator of the Universe, the Ancient of Days?! Man has "their opinions", Jehovah has proof! Love Job chapter 38. Sums it all up! We have such an all-wise loving Creator. Who can know "How" He founded the ? earth? Hmmm Love this Moving Video! Enjoy

Thank you for your support! Agape,

?????

IMG_5770.mp4