The World News Media

BIBLE QUESTIONS ANSWERED | How Many Names Does God Have?

The Librarian

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting topic and one that should be discussed. 

Some will say "yes it matters!" and that one MUST use the name Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah etc. The truth of the matter is that NO ONE knows the true pronunciation anymore. All of the names we use are man made names at this point, some just predate others and have been used longer. The inclusion of the name Allah in the question opens this topic up to different forms of belief/religion based on books other than the Bible. So this has splinter-thread all over it. Back to the question, I personally do not have to use any name. I can use a title, a name, or thought of character in my mind. Since most of us here believe in the Bible (not always the same Bible, but none the less), then we KNOW that God can read hearts (Acts 1:24, Acts 15:18, Romans 8:27). This justifies to me that it is not a name that makes my prayers heard, but who I am praying to with my heart. I do not believe that a prayer said without a name can be intercepted, to me that is nonsense. 

• 2 weeks later...

God has One Name but many titles.  Allah is not God's Name but simply means God.  Therefore Allah is a title like God is a title.  Elohim another title meaning gods in the plural sense.  Adonai another title meaning Lord. 

https://jehovahwitnessqhub.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/who-would-want-to-hide-gods-name/

Isaiah 42:8 Darby Translation (DARBY)

I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Raymund Martini, a Catholic monk, created the name Jehovah in the 12th century which is admitted by wt publications.

Rev 5:13 "And I heard every creature which is in heaven and on the earth, and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, saying, “Blessing and honor and glory and power be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever!”

Who gets that glory in Isaiah?

"I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one." (John 17:22)  Was Jesus lying?

"Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth." (Matthew 28:17) 

"After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory." (Rev 18:1)

Yes, Jesus is the Lamb of God.... not God himself.... Christ died for our sins not God as false religion teaches. "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures;  and that he was buried, yes, that he was raised up on the third day according to the Scriptures;" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)   

Who's glory in the Gospel of John verses 36-41 speak about? John was attributing the quote from Isaiah to Jesus. 

36 While you have the light, exercise
faith in the light, so that
you may become sons of light.”
Jesus said these things and
went off and hid from them.
37 Although he had performed
so many signs before them, they
were not putting faith in him,
38 so that the word of Isaiah the
prophet might be fulfilled, who

said: “Jehovah, who has put
faith in the thing heard from
us? And as for the arm of Jehovah,
to whom has it been
revealed?” 39 The reason why
they were not able to believe is
that again Isaiah said: 40“He
has blinded their eyes and has
made their hearts hard, so
that they would not see with
their eyes and understand with
their hearts and turn around
and I heal them.”41 Isaiah
said these things because he saw
his glory, and he spoke about
him.

Look closely at the cross references in your nwt and who John was speaking about. Also, take a look at the Greek Septuagint where it says at Isaiah 6:1-5 that Isaiah saw God's glory. How is this possible without Isaiah dying and why is John attributing this to Jesus?

2 hours ago, Brother Rando said:

How do you even take this guy seriously? eggs? eggs are supposed to make someone not believe in the trinity because he  demonstrates he can throw one between his legs? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.