The World News Media

A Dispute Over Greatness — ?????

Bible Speaks

A Dispute Over Greatness 

?????

"Although all the others are stumbled in connection with you, I will never be stumbled!"—Matt. 26:33.

• JESUS GIVES COUNSEL ABOUT POSITION
  • PETER’S DENIAL FORETOLD
  • LOVE IDENTIFIES JESUS’ FOLLOWERS

Peter confidently objects: “Although all the others are stumbled in connection with you, I will never be stumbled!” (Matthew 26:33) Jesus tells Peter that before a rooster crows twice that night, Peter will disown him. However, Jesus adds: “I have made supplication for you that your faith may not give out; and you, once you have returned, strengthen your brothers.” (Luke 22:32) Yet Peter boldly affirms: “Even if I should have to die with you, I will by no means disown you.” (Matthew 26:35

?????

The other apostles say the same thing.

Jesus tells his disciples: “I am with you a little longer. You will look for me; and just as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I go you cannot come,’ I now say it also to you.” Then he adds: “I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”—John 13:33-35.

?????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014718?q=matt+26%3A33&p=par

IMG_9642.JPG

• Views 481
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.