The World News Media

How Will Jehovah Pay Back Vengeance? ?????

Bible Speaks

Do you believe in vengeance? - Should we take vengeance to those that oppose us? - Justice will met, Jehovah bring vengeance! - Put your anger in His hands! ~

?????

(Romans 12:19) Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says Jehovah.”

?????

This prophecy was fulfilled by the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

(Isaiah 61:1-3) . . .The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners; 2 to proclaim the year of goodwill on the part of Jehovah and the DAY OF VENGEANCE on the part of our God; to comfort all the mourning ones; 3 to assign to those mourning over Zion, to give them a headdress instead of ashes, the oil of exultation instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of the downhearted spirit; and they must be called big trees of righteousness, the planting of Jehovah, for [him] to be beautified."

?????

Enemies of God and of his servants. Those who hate God have shown hostility toward God’s servants, seeking to wreak vengeance upon them. This is not a true bringing about of justice, but it is a desire or action as a result of people’s hostility toward what is right and righteous, and it is an attempt to get rid of those righteous ones whose words and course of action convict them of wickedness. 

?????

(Psalm 8:2) . . .Out of the mouth of children and sucklings you have founded strength, On account of those showing hostility to you, So as to make the enemy and the one taking his vengeance desist."

?????

(Psalm 44:15-16) . . .All day long my humiliation is in front of me, And the shame of my own face has covered me, 16 Due to the voice of the one reproaching and speaking abusively, Because of the enemy and the one taking his revenge. . ."

?????

In some instances God’s servants have been killed with the perverted idea that justice was being carried out. 

?????

(John 16:2) . . .Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God.'

?????

In executing this claimed or supposed “vindictive justice,” however, they have not pleased God but, rather, have stored up vengeance for themselves. At times, it is true, Jehovah used the nations, such as Babylon, to bring his own vengeance on his people Israel when they broke their covenant with him. (Le 26:25) 

?????

(Leviticus 26:25) . . .And I shall certainly bring upon YOU a sword wreaking vengeance for the covenant; and YOU will indeed gather yourselves into YOUR cities, and I shall certainly send pestilence into the midst of YOU, and YOU must be given into the hand of an enemy. . ."

?????

But those nations, on their part, acted because of hatred and malice, expressing their own vengefulness, and for this Jehovah, in turn, took vengeance upon them.—La 3:60;

?????

(Lamentations 3:60) . . .You have seen all their vengeance, all their thoughts against me. . ."

?????

(Ezekiel 25:12-17) 12 “This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘For the reason that E′dom has acted in taking vengeance upon the house of Judah and they kept doing wrong extensively and avenged themselves on them, 13 therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “I will also stretch out my hand against E′dom and cut off from it man and domestic animal, and I will make it a devastated place from Te′man, even to De′dan. By the sword they will fall. 14 ‘And I will bring my vengeance on E′dom by the hand of my people Israel; and they must do in E′dom according to my anger and according to my rage; and they will have to know what my vengeance is,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.”’ 15 “This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘For the reason that the Phi·lis′tines have acted with vengeance and they kept avenging themselves with a vengeance with scorn in [the] soul, in order to cause ruin, with an indefinitely lasting enmity, 16 therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Here I am stretching out my hand against the Phi·lis′tines, and I will cut off the Cher′e·thites and destroy the rest of the seacoast. 17 And I will execute in them great acts of vengeance, with raging reproofs; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah when I bring my vengeance on them.”’”

?????

Jehovah’s vengeance has a purpose. Jehovah’s vengeance brings relief and benefit when he acts in behalf of those who trust in him; additionally, it procures praise to him as the just Judge. The psalmist says: “The righteous one will rejoice because he has beheld the vengeance. . . . And mankind will say: ‘Surely there is fruitage for the righteous one. Surely there exists a God that is judging in the earth.’” (Ps 58:10, 11) Therefore, the primary purpose for God’s taking vengeance is to vindicate and glorify his own name and sovereignty. 

?????

(Psalm 83:13-18) . . .O my God, make them like a thistle whirl, Like stubble before a wind. 14 Like a fire that burns up the forest And like a flame that scorches the mountains, 15 In just that way may you pursue them with your tempest And may you disturb them with your own storm wind. 16 Fill their faces with dishonor, That people may search for your name, O Jehovah. 17 O may they be ashamed and be disturbed for all times, And may they become abashed and perish; 18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."

jw.org

IMG_9833.JPG

• Views 903
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

Do you believe in vengeance? - Should we take vengeance to those that oppose us? - Justice will met, Jehovah bring vengeance! - Put your anger in His hands! ~ ????? (Romans 12:19) Do not ave

Posted Images