The World News Media

How Can I Be No Part of the World? I have to work and provide for my family? – ?????

Bible Speaks

How Can I Be No Part of the World? I have to work and provide for my family? 

?????

In prayer to God, Jesus said of his followers: “I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one. They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” (John 17:14-16)

?????

We may be firm and determined to keep separate from the world on large issues, such as neutrality, religious holidays and customs, and immorality. What, though, about smaller things? Could it be that even without realizing it, we may be influenced by the ways of the world? If we are not careful, for instance, how easily our manner of dress can become undignified and inappropriate! Being faithful calls for “modesty and soundness of mind” in the matter of dress and grooming. 

?????

Yes, “in no way are we giving any cause for stumbling, that our ministry might not be found fault with; but in every way we recommend ourselves as God’s ministers.” 

?????

Out of a desire to honor Jehovah, we dress in a dignified way for our congregation meetings. The same is true when we meet in large numbers at our assemblies and conventions. Our dress needs to be practical and presentable. This serves as a witness to others who observe us. Even the angels take note of our activity, as they did of that of Paul and his Christian associates.  In fact, we should always be appropriately attired. To some, faithfulness in the choice of clothing may seem to be a small matter, but in God’s eyes it is important. 

?????

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005527?q=separate from the world&p=par#p22

IMG_0046.JPG

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.