The World News Media

Is it proper to "blow kisses",

JAMMY

Is it proper to "blow kisses", kissing one's own hand and then thrusting the arm outward towards the intended recipient as is done at some performances, or with parents to their children considering the pagan origins of the practice?

• 2 months later...

• Views 809
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

at what point does a person stop allowing men to govern their lives as if these men are God Himself? Take a look at the 1000's of rules applied to the Jews by the pharisees about the Sabbath. What did

On 3/31/2016 at 8:10 AM, JAMMY said:

Is it proper to "blow kisses", kissing one's own hand and then thrusting the arm outward towards the intended recipient as is done at some performances, or with parents to their children considering the pagan origins of the practice?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/2228

Faithful Job recognized that even if his heart became enticed in secrecy at beholding heavenly bodies such as the moon and his ‘hand proceeded to kiss his mouth’ (apparently alluding to throwing a kiss with the hand in an idolatrous practice), this would have constituted a denial of God, hence idolatry. (Job 31:26-28; compare De 4:15, 19.)

1 hour ago, JAMMY said:

at what point does a person stop allowing men to govern their lives as if these men are God Himself? Take a look at the 1000's of rules applied to the Jews by the pharisees about the Sabbath. What did Jesus say about this?  

Mark 7:5 And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?” And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,

“‘This people honors me with their lips,
    but their heart is far from me;
in vain do they worship me,
    teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

On 31.3.2016 at 15:10, JAMMY said:

Its  worldly  but  proper...  its  still  something  of  *old  school*  ( Knigge - book ) 

2 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Do  you  know  ASL -  HollyW ??

SL  is  signing   *WORDS*  &  pictures !  but  never  dumb  blowing  kisses....

Yes, QE, I do, enough to know "thank you" looks a lot like blowing kisses. ;)   

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.