JAMMY

• Views 365
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are not many alternatives in the English language which are not tainted as well. Good fortune?   But this came from the name of the Roman Goddess of good luck and fortune.  Read recently of a mi

Should we refrain from saying "good luck?" I usually try to include the word "success" , as, I wish you success, or, much success to you, Melinda. thanks for your answer.

There are not many alternatives in the English language which are not tainted as well. Good fortune?   But this came from the name of the Roman Goddess of good luck and fortune.  Read recently of a missionary who used to wish people everlasting life when they wished him a Happy Christmas.  Some meaningful alternatives could be:

God Bless You!

Take care!

You are in my prayers!

You are in my thoughts!

Best Wishes!

May you have strength!

(Isaiah 65:11) But you are among those forsaking Jehovah, Those forgetting my holy mountain, Those setting a table for the god of Good Luck, And those filling up cups of mixed wine for the god of Destiny.

In light of the above scripture it would not be fitting to engage in those sayings you mentioned.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.