The World News Media

Did Amazon Exist When the movie "You've Got Mail" Was Filmed?

• Views 648
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This movie was an attempt to humanize computers in a time when romance and electronics didn't mix and online communication was a very big deal. Times change quickly. I kind of miss these simpler times before the internet overly saturated every aspect of life.

The real-life store used as Kathleen's Shop Around the Corner was a quaint Upper West Side boutique that sold antiques and French cheeses. While the woman who owned the store went on vacation for a few weeks, the filmmakers transformed it into a children's book store, then put everything back in place when filming was over.

I remember the story ... and found my wonderful wife "on-line".  We texted for months, then spent about 720 hours talking on the phone. She came for a visit for a week, staying at a hotel, and we spent all day together . She went back to El Paso to settle her affairs, and the next time she came, on a Monday at 3PM ... we raced from the airport to the Courthouse, got a marriage license, and were married by a JP by 5PM.  ( We rented two Notarys as "witnesses").

That was over three years ago, and we have been having a great time since then!

I learn a LOT from movies !

I remember when modems were 300 baud and you could WATCH text coming in on the green and white  monitor.