The World News Media

Thriving Spiritually During Gray-Headedness – ??????????

Bible Speaks

Thriving Spiritually During Gray-Headedness 

??????????

“Those who are planted in the house of Jehovah . . . will still keep on thriving during gray-headedness.”—PSALM 92:13, 14.

??????????

"A young man I used to be, I have also grown old, and yet I have not seen anyone righteous left entirely, nor his offspring looking for bread."—Ps. 37:25. 

??????????

God’s Word assures us that “those who are planted in the house of Jehovah . . . will still keep on thriving during gray-headedness.” (Psalm 92:13, 14) In figurative language, the psalmist set out the fundamental truth that faithful servants of God can continue to progress, flourish, and prosper spiritually, even if they are declining physically. 

??????????

How does DavidÂ’s advanced age add meaning to the words recorded at Psalm 37:23-25?

????

Though David’s circumstances changed many times over the years, he remained convinced that Jehovah’s care for his loyal servants never changes. Toward the end of his life, David composed the song known today as Psalm 37. Just imagine David in a reflective mood, accompanying himself on the harp and singing these words: “By Jehovah the very steps of an able-bodied man have been made ready, and in his way He takes delight. Although he may fall, he will not be hurled down, for Jehovah is supporting his hand. A young man I used to be, I have also grown old, and yet I have not seen anyone righteous left entirely, nor his offspring looking for bread.” (Psalm 37:23-25) Jehovah saw fit to include reference to David’s age in this inspired psalm. What depth of feeling that adds to those heartfelt words!

??????????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007406?q=ps+37%3A25&p=par

IMG_4783.JPG

• Views 433
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

Thriving Spiritually During Gray-Headedness  ?????????? “Those who are planted in the house of Jehovah . . . will still keep on thriving during gray-headedness.”—PSALM 92:13, 14.

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.