• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry,  but  I  don't  understand  that  weird  "Darth Vader"  door to door  walking    NEVER  SEEN.... Nothings  to  do  with  JW,  I  think  so  -  otherwise,  explain  me  please.  THANKS

Yes, Naboo is a planet in the Star Wars epics.  Every detail of the Star Wars movies serve as humor and cultural references here in the United States.   It is "understood" that unless you have b

Posted Images

Yes, Naboo is a planet in the Star Wars epics.  Every detail of the Star Wars movies serve as humor and cultural references here in the United States.  

It is "understood" that unless you have been isolated, and living in a cave for the past 40 years, that you instantly understand the cultural references, and sub-references, and nested sub-references.

If you saw a picture of Star Wars actor Harrison Ford (Hans Solo) holding up a sign saying "I shot first.", somewhere around 75% of people my age who are regular movie-goers, would know EXACTLY why that is funny, and tell you why.

It's  LONG story, that starts in 1977 or thereabouts.

HarrisonFordIShotFirst   600   .jpg

Hmmmm... I wonder how many instantly know this reference that come here to the JW-Archive?

Thanks for your comment,  @James Thomas Rook Jr.  :) 

Hey,  I like some of these many  STAR WARS  movies !  I invited my little son and my husband to the first Episode lV  in a cinema :D My son is a cool freak of all Episodes.  The newest part maybe comes end of the year to Germany....

The only one thing is, I not understand, this mix with JW ?  Does it be typical for some Americans?  Thats alot of humor !  I also have alot humor,  I love to laugh xD  its little different in the details.  Other country,  other humor,  thats normal !   Greetings and best wishes from far Germany in the north... ???

It is very common in America to make fun of EVERYTHING.

NOTHING is sacred, except the flag, which is worshiped.

During the World War I trench warfare between France and Germany, the Germans hurled insults across "no man's land" to the Americans, "Your President is a low down BASTARD!"

The Americans yelled back "YES! He IS!"

.... ask your son if he understands what is actually being said when Harrison Ford says "I shot first".

..... here is the whole story ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.