The World News Media

The Most Evil Thing - Because it is Legal- That I Have Ever Read

TrueTomHarley

This may be one of the most evil schemes I have ever read, and it is all the more evil in that it is perfectly legal. It is more evil still in that perpetrators may think themselves benefactors. Rachel Aviv deserves a Pulitzer. No punishment is too severe for the perpetrators, who may be legion. People who insist upon gun rights will say this is exactly why they advocate for them.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/09/how-the-elderly-lose-their-rights

• Views 344
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be one of the most evil schemes I have ever read, and it is all the more evil in that it is perfectly legal. It is more evil still in that perpetrators may think themselves benefactors. Rache

AND that is why the liberal THIEVES want those gun rights taken away.

In this case, I think a gun would not be of much use. The scheme is legal. Read and see that, though every sort of authority was called to intervene, none did - because the villains were operating within the law. You might have pointed your gun and found satisfaction in shooting one of them (there were four in the case of the North family) or just scaring them away, but that would have only strengthened the court perception that you were in need of a guardian, and probably permanent prison besides.

It's not even government, really. It is private enterprise doing the foul deed, bending government law to its will. You could even make the case that it is not too much government, but too little, that is the problem. The laws upon which guardianship is based go back 800 years.

One it ten American seniors abused in this way. Legally. It's breathtaking.