The World News Media

You Can Not Serve Two Gods! – ?⚖️??

Bible Speaks

You Can Not Serve Two Gods! 

?⚖️??

(1 Cor. 10:21) "You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons." - 

?⚖️??

What Does the Bible Teach About Spiritism?

?⚖️??

ALTHOUGH many people are skeptical about anything related to the supernatural and spiritism—considering them to be either a hoax or the product of the film industry’s creative scriptwriters—the Bible presents a different view. It provides explicit warnings about spiritism. For instance, Deuteronomy 18:10-13 states: “There should not be found in you . . . anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead.” Why not? The scripture further states: “Whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah . . . You should prove yourself blameless before Jehovah your God.”

?⚖️??

Why does the Bible so strongly censure all forms of spiritism?

?⚖️??

UNSAVORY ORIGINS

The Bible tells us that long before God formed the earth, he created millions of spirit creatures, or angels. (Job 38:4, 7; Revelation 5:11) Each of these angels was endowed with free will—the ability to choose between right and wrong. Some of them chose to rebel against God, and they abandoned their position in heaven to cause trouble on the earth. As a consequence, the earth became “filled with violence.”—Genesis 6:2-5, 11; Jude 6.

?⚖️??

The Bible says that those wicked angels wield great influence, misleading millions of people. (Revelation 12:9) They even exploit mankind’s natural curiosity about the future.—1 Samuel 28:5, 7; 1 Timothy 4:1.

?⚖️??

True, some supernatural powers seem to help people. (2 Corinthians 11:14) In reality, however, the wicked angels are attempting to blind people’s minds to the truth about God.—2 Corinthians 4:4.

According to the Bible, therefore, contact with wicked spirits is not harmless fun. That is why when potential disciples of Jesus were taught the truth about such activities, “those who had practiced supernatural methods brought their books together and burned them up,” even at a significant financial loss.—Acts 19:19, Byington.

⚖️⚖️??

Likewise, many today have decided to have nothing to do with activities and entertainment rooted in spiritism. For example, when Maria* was 12 years old, she seemed to be able to predict certain future events or dangers. She read tarot cards for her schoolmates, and since her predictions came true, she became fascinated with the occult.

?⚖️??

Maria thought she had a gift from God that enabled her to help people. “But something disturbed me,” she admits. “When I read the cards, I read them for others. I was not able to read them for myself, even though I wanted to know my own future.”

?⚖️??

Perplexed by many unanswered questions, Maria prayed to God and was later contacted by Jehovah’s Witnesses, with whom she began to study the Bible. Maria learned from the Bible that her ability to foretell the future did not come from God. She learned, too, that those who want God’s friendship must get rid of any objects connected with spiritism. (1 Corinthians 10:21) The result? Maria threw away her occult paraphernalia and books. She now shares with others the accurate truths she has learned from the Bible.

?⚖️??

What Is Spiritism?

Interest in spiritism is reflected in such activities as astrology, witchcraft, and the occult. In many parts of the world, people try to communicate with wicked spirits with the help of a psychic or a witch doctor. Many use divination to try to find out about the future. They look at the stars, search for omens, use a crystal ball, read the palm of a person’s hand, or have their own palm read.

Books, magazines, and movies present spiritism as harmless or intriguing. Some communication experts suggest that the way TV programs and movies portray the paranormal has strongly influenced what people believe.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102017046?q=1+cor+10%3A21&p=par

IMG_8593.JPG

• Views 165
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

You Can Not Serve Two Gods!  ?⚖️?? (1 Cor. 10:21) "You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.

Posted Images