• 1 month later...

• Views 4.4k
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another sweeping generalization. Many of the ones who left retained Bible Student/JW beliefs on these.  Also, you need to realize that Christians who advocate the Trinity and hellfire have script

The point is, my friend, if the watchtower were WRONG in the past, how do we know they are not wrong now?   its not a case of "new light". The light is either on or off!   Blessing

Can you give me an instance from the Bible where a true prophet got Jehovah's message wrong?

Posted Images

"Because of this, many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him." (John 6:66) 

Many left Jesus.  Of the hundreds or even thousands that listened to him that day, only the twelve stayed. 

"So Jesus said to the Twelve: “You do not want to go also, do you?” Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life." (John 6:67, 68) 

Was Jesus a false prophet because many left? Of course not!  They left because they were following Jesus for the wrong reasons.  The same could be said of those who left after 1925 and 1975.  They did NOT really love Jehovah or Jesus.  Now what if they were the ones sent to Niniveh and not the prophet Jonah?  They would have probably ranted and posted viciously on the internet if it were available then, as we are seeing a lot of brothers do so at this very moment! 

7 hours ago, Manuel Boyet Enicola said:

The same could be said of those who left after 1925 and 1975.  They did NOT really love Jehovah or Jesus.

That's a sweeping statement. How do you know that they didn't leave because they loved Jehovah and Jesus more than an organization they felt had led them down a false path?

9 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

Can you give me an instance from the Bible where a true prophet got Jehovah's message wrong?

This is a puzzling question. Of course no true prophet is recorded as getting Jehovah's message wrong. Whenever Jehovah's message is transmitted, it could only be right as Jehovah himself was transmitting it and saw to it that the message was transmitted as he required. Sometimes the message was not even understood by the messenger.  

Isn't that part of the understanding of what an inspired message is?

11 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

This is a puzzling question. Of course no true prophet is recorded as getting Jehovah's message wrong. Whenever Jehovah's message is transmitted, it could only be right as Jehovah himself was transmitting it and saw to it that the message was transmitted as he required. Sometimes the message was not even understood by the messenger.  

So if someone claims to have had a message revealed by the Lord himself, and yet the message turns out to be faulty, we can conclude either ...

- the Lord gave faulty information,

or

- the person didn't accurately convey the Lord's message,

or

-the person didn't receive the Lord's message.

4 minutes ago, John Houston said:

Moses got his message wrong, remember? That was why he did not go into the promised land! Moses acted on his own,  not following Jehovah's instructions. He did not lie, but they were his own actions.

Are you suggesting that the Org acted on its own with 1925 and 1975, not following Jehovah's instructions?

19 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

That's a sweeping statement. How do you know that they didn't leave because they loved Jehovah and Jesus more than an organization they felt had led them down a false path?

If they DO love Jehovah and Jesus, where will they go?  Back again to non-biblical teachings such as hellfire and the trinity? (2 Peter 2:22) Otherwise, they would have stayed, as Simon Peter and the others did. (John 6:68)

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• By the way, if you're into stuff like this, you might wanna check out https://thepythagoras.com/. They have some neat articles about ancient civilizations and their contributions to science and math. It’s really interesting how much we owe to these early thinkers.
    • The Dendera Zodiac is such an amazing piece of history. Imagine ancient Egyptians looking up at the same stars we do now and creating this detailed map. It's mind-blowing! So, what do I think about it? I think it's a fascinating blend of art and astronomy. Those ancient folks really knew their stuff. The way they incorporated their gods and mythologies into the constellations is just brilliant. And it's not just about the stars, it’s a glimpse into how they viewed the universe and their place in it.
    • FIFA's collaboration with Algorand represents a significant milestone for blockchain technology. Algorand will serve as the official blockchain platform for FIFA, supporting events such as the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership is poised to enhance FIFA's digital asset management while boosting Algorand's visibility through advertising and promotional opportunities. On another note, I've been tuning into African football recently. The match between Kanifing East FC and Latrikunda United was unexpectedly impressive. African football often goes underappreciated, yet the skill and enthusiasm in these matches are evident. We can expect even more significant development and excitement in African football with increased attention and support.
    • The partnership between FIFA and Algorand is a big step for blockchain technology. Algorand will be the official blockchain platform for FIFA, sponsoring events like the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership will help FIFA with digital assets and provide advertising and promotional opportunities for Algorand. 
    • Are you  excited for the upcoming Euro Cup?
  • Members

• Anna

Anna 5,115

• Dwight Howard

Dwight Howard 0

• chan

chan 0

• Recent Status Updates

• Gilles h  »  jpl

Bonjour mon frère 
      J'espère que tu vas bien 
      Aurais-tu les points actualités et culte matinal en transcription.
      Je te remercie d'avance 
      Merci de partager avec nous
      Un très belle journée 

· 2 replies
    • lauleb  »  misette

merci pour ton travail très utile. tu es une aide qui fortifie
      · 0 replies
    • Pamela Dunston  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi, TB
      I would like to get the weekly meeting and watchtower materials  and the 2024 convention 
      Attend the 2024 Convention—“Declare the Good News!”
      notebook, I just recently got a new computer, If don't mind my brother to add me on and allow me access to our study again.

Thank you, so much
      Sister Dunston
      · 2 replies
    • SpiritualSister 24  »  DARLENE2022

Hello, Darlene, I just love your name, I had a cousin named Darline, and had a classmate also named Darlene! It's a pleasure to know another Darlene! Especially a Spiritual Sister! There's some websites, Ministry Ideaz , JW Stuff.com, and Etsy that I use to order my yearly buttons for the Conventions! They always send me what I order, and their also Jehovah's Witnesses, that send us the merchandise we order!  You can check out these websites, and they might have what your looking for! I hope I have been helpful in assisting you, Darlene! Agape love, Shirley!😀
      · 1 reply
    • SpiritualSister 24

2024"Enter Into God's Rest" Circuit Assembly! 
      · 0 replies
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lissabelgium

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.