The World News Media

Prejudice — A Global Problem! - How Can We be One with Barriers? – ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️⚫️

Bible Speaks

Prejudice—A Global Problem! -

??????????

How Can We be One with Barriers? 

God is not Partial to Color! ~ “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.” Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. ? What does the Bible say? “The wisdom from above [from God] is . . . peaceable, reasonable, . . . not making partial distinctions.” (James 3:17) “The true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and [religious] truth.” (John 4:23) “Love your enemies and . . . pray for those persecuting you.” (Matthew 5:44) 

Ask yourself: ‘Does my religion promote genuine love toward all, even toward those who may want to hurt me? Are the doors of my church open to people of all kinds, regardless of nationality, skin color, gender, income, or social status?’ Do You View Others as Jehovah Does? “There should be no division in the body . . . Its members should have the same care for one another.”—1 COR. 12:25. 

There is no doubt that we can make adjustments in our attitude with the help of Jehovah’s spirit. 

If we find that there are hidden traces of prejudice in us, let us work to root them out and to “observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.” (Eph. 4:3-6) 

The Bible encourages us to “clothe [ourselves] with love, for it is a perfect bond of union.”—Col. 3:14 

??????????????

EAF97CE2-1BCF-4C65-AD5D-A1E9F4699C52.jpeg

• Views 943
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@J.R. Ewing My message was Bible based. I ignore ignorance! Allow all opinions of others. Truth is the “only” answer. Thank you! 

Prejudice—A Global Problem! - ?????????? How Can We be One with Barriers?  God is not Partial to Color! ~ “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are en

Posted Images

1 hour ago, J.R. Ewing said:

wars.png

@J.R. Ewing

Appreciating Jehovah’s Spiritual Provisions

When we exert ourselves in JehovahÂ’s service, what can we expect as to spiritual provisions?

If you treasure your privilege of serving Jehovah, you can be sure that he will supply your physical and spiritual needs, just as he provided sustenance for the Levites. Think about David. Though he was in a cave, he could count on God to provide for him. We too can rely on Jehovah even when we see no way out. Recall that when Asaph came “into the grand sanctuary of God,” he gained insight into what was distressing him. (Ps. 73:17) Similarly, we need to turn to the divine Source of our spiritual nourishment. Thus we show appreciation for our privilege of serving God no matter what our circumstances may be. We are thereby letting Jehovah be our share.

How should we respond when there is increased light on certain scriptures, and why?

How do you react when Jehovah, the Source of spiritual enlightenment, sheds light on “the deep things of God” found in the Bible? (1 Cor. 2:10-13) We have an excellent example in the apostle Peter’s reaction when Jesus told His listeners: “Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves.” Taking those words literally, many disciples said: “This speech is shocking; who can listen to it?” They “went off to the things behind.” But Peter said: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life.”—John 6:53, 60, 66, 68.

Peter did not fully understand what Jesus said about eating His flesh and drinking His blood. But the apostle relied on God for spiritual enlightenment. When spiritual light on some matter gets brighter, do you try to understand the underlying Scriptural reasons for the adjustment? (Prov. 4:18) The first-century Beroeans received the word “with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily.” (Acts 17:11) Imitating them will deepen your appreciation for your privilege to serve Jehovah, to have him be your share.

Move Ahead With the Chariot! 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011683?q=light+gets+brighter+and+brighter&p=par

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

@Srecko Sostar

If religion is true it will promote peace and unity world wide. If false it will never stand. 

• Matthew (‎11 occurrences)
    •  
    • 25 But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and any city or family dividedagainst itself will not be kept up; 

• by Matthew 1:1-28:20 - Byington (by) 
    •  

Thank you for your support!

???????

Guest J.R. Ewing

My response was geared to “Srecko” sarcasm, but since you “like” what you wrote, IÂ’m sure thatÂ’s good enough for you! Carry on!!B|

3 minutes ago, J.R. Ewing said:

to “Srecko” sarcasm,

-quotation from some WT article, i supposed:  "Ask yourself: ‘Does my religion promote genuine love toward all, even toward those who may want to hurt me?"

Mr Erwing You can be partially right in your  response to me. But my copy/paste of this sentence had other purpose. To put in some everyday reality with this claim and to hear answers; what is, how look like that essence, that moving power in religious doctrine, in teachings in deeds "of my religion". To be possible and to be sure how that "something" in "religion"  can, will, would produce in some believer, or in me personally,  to "love" someone whose intention is to hurt you. 

"Normal" reaction on someone's "attack" on you is to make self defend or to fight back or to run away. But how is looks like "loving your attacker" is little mystery to me.

What is "genuine" love?

What is meaning of , how looks like "love toward hurter?

How looks promoting love to hurter? 

Guest J.R. Ewing

Well, since “Bible speaks” commented on impulse rather than getting the “jest” of my picture? While understanding where you were headed? Then, I can only be cryptic too, both youÂ’re responses!

2 Timothy 2:15New International Version (NIV)

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

1 John 4:18New International Version (NIV)

18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Psalm 23:4New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

This way, you can "like" each other!!

^_^

On 10/30/2017 at 2:09 PM, J.R. Ewing said:

My response was geared to “Srecko” sarcasm, but since you “like” what you wrote, IÂ’m sure thatÂ’s good enough for you! Carry on!!B|

@J.R. Ewing

My message was Bible based. I ignore ignorance! Allow all opinions of others. Truth is the “only” answer. Thank you!