The World News Media

Public Letter Read to the brothers of North America:

Bible Speaks

Public Letter Read to the brothers of North America:
Dear Brothers:
We wish to provide an update on recent natural disasters in our territory and what can be done to provide additional assistance. Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria affected 250,000 publishers and damaged more than 6,000 homes in Florida, Puerto Rico, Texas and the virgin islands. In addition, the fires in California areas affected hundreds of editors, and more than 1,400 had to evacuate. Sadly, 29 of their homes were completely destroyed. Because of these disasters, seven active disaster relief committees are operating throughout the territory of our branch. Despite the many tragic events that our brothers and sisters have experienced, we have been truly comforting to see how the brotherhood has helped everyone in need.
In addition to the millions of dollars made available by the organization for disaster relief committees to date, hundreds of congregations and individuals have donated 1.600 tons of relief supplies throughout the country. In recent weeks, humanitarian aid supplies were sent to the islands of Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos Islands and the virgin islands through 27 flights and 35 shipping containers. Due to the constant need, shipments of food, water and other supplies will continue to be sent to these islands over the next few months. Their generous donations to work around the world and the response of several circuits in the collection of specific supplies when requested are highly appreciated. Such generosity shows the love you have for the Lord and his brothers and sisters in need. Read Proverbs 17:17; 1 cor. 12:26.
Many have asked what other practical help can be given to those who need relief assistance. In the areas where our brothers and sisters have been displaced, many of you have opened their homes to provide shelter, knowing that recovery efforts will take time. Everyone's patience is deeply appreciated. Besides, while the elders and circuit superintendents continue to lead grazing, all of us can kill each other by giving them encouragement and showing compassion and kindness.- Gál. 6: 2; Col. 3:12.
Meanwhile, throughout Texas, Florida and all the affected islands, there is an immediate need for volunteers with construction skills to help with recovery work. Due to the current circumstances, only the brothers will be invited to work in the most affected areas. At This moment, we are requesting brothers who can serve for three weeks or for 6-12 months. To volunteer for this job, contact the secretary of your congregation. For volunteers who have an application filed, make sure your local design / construction volunteer application (DC-50) is updated. The help organisation will invite volunteers through the construction assistant. We ask you not to go to a disaster area without an invitation from the help organization, the construction assistant or a specific branch allocation letter.
The Branch has received numerous calls for donations of clothing and other articles. In some cases, we have identified circuits near our shipping operations to provide specific humanitarian items. In other cases, it is more practical to buy locally to manage storage facilities to store and send materials. Therefore, unless your congregation receives specific instructions through the circuit superintendent, it is recommended that you continue to support the help efforts through donations for work around the world. In addition, the help organisation is making every effort to help the brothers and sisters who qualify to receive FEMA Insurance and assistance. Of course, it is also important to remember our brothers and sisters in our prayers.- ROM. 12:12.
In 2 Corinthians 1: 3, 4, the Apostle Paul identified our great creator as "the God of all consolation, who comforts us in all our tests". the outpouring of material support, love , concern and prayers you offer are an extension of the love and spirit of the Lord in action, which has brought great comfort to thousands. Let us not fear or anxiety when we trust the Lord, who is strengthening and helping each and every one of those affected by these disasters "with [ His ] right to justice" (ISA. 41:10.).
With this letter, accept an expression of our warm Christian love and our best wishes.
Your Brothers,

– Translated 

6124152B-834C-4402-8582-D64BB5359250.jpeg

• Views 1k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Public Letter Read to the brothers of North America: Dear Brothers: We wish to provide an update on recent natural disasters in our territory and what can be done to provide additional assistance.

From what language is this letter translated from?  Phrases such as "continue to lead grazing " and "all of us can kill each other by" makes no sense. Help me out, please.

what? wHAT? what!? WHAT!? Sounds like the time in Texas I found that Mexican Family who had just come over the border, eating grass on the side of the road, and I took them all to

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Everyone's patience is deeply appreciated. Besides, while the elders and circuit superintendents continue to lead grazing, all of us can kill each other by giving them encouragement and showing compassion and kindness.- Gál. 6: 2; Col. 3:12.

what?

wHAT?

what!?

WHAT!?

Sounds like the time in Texas I found that Mexican Family who had just come over the border, eating grass on the side of the road, and I took them all to my home to my 3 acre lawn.

Delicious Soylent Green .jpg

19 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Everyone's patience is deeply appreciated. Besides, while the elders and circuit superintendents continue to lead grazing, all of us can kill each other by giving them encouragement and showing compassion and kindness.- Gál. 6: 2; Col. 3:12.

Hmmmm....  does anybody know how this SHOULD read ... I mean ... assuming its is in fact a typo?

In the face of overwhelming catastrophic events ........ grazing, and killing the sufferers is a hard but workable solution to the suffering and hardship.

I have seen my dogs eat grass, and had to have many of them over the years "put down" ( That means executed by a veterinarian, for those in Rio Linda ....), because of not being able to afford to fix their health problems.

And what language was it translated FROM?   Who issued this notice, and on what date?

Hmmmm....  does anybody know how this SHOULD read ... I mean ... what if it's NOT a "typo", or mistranslation.

This is a KEY POINT.

Without knowing what the original ACTUALLY, REALLY stated ... WE DON'T KNOW if it's a typo, or an insert, or a plan.

The predominant language in North America is English. This "letter" is in English.

Why the translation?

Was it translated from Pubspeak to Realspeak?  Spanish to English?

WHAT!?