The World News Media

FOX TELEVISION CHAIN, MAKES A SMALL REPORT ON THE NEW WORLDWIDE JEHOVAHS WITNESSES HEADQUARTERS IN WARWICK. (CONTAINS VIDEO)

Bible Speaks

FOX TELEVISION CHAIN, MAKES A SMALL REPORT ON THE NEW WORLDWIDE JEHOVAHS  WITNESSES HEADQUARTERS IN WARWICK. (CONTAINS VIDEO)

About 40 miles northwest of a bustling New York City, a 45-acre complex sits on a quiet lake in Warwick, New York.

"Our main purpose is not to convert, but to give people the opportunity to see what the Bible says," said Bryce Hemmelgarn, a spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses.

The new world headquarters, which opened last year, houses approximately 800 Jehovah's Witnesses, who are volunteers who live, eat and work here.
"I work here during the day, but most people work from 8 to 5, too, I can go shopping on weekends if I want," said Iliana Markopoulos, 25, a computer programmer for the organization. "I can do what any normal person can do, I just have the great opportunity to live and work very close to each other."
"It is primarily a religion, it is our faith, we identify ourselves as Christians, we hope that Jesus will establish the pattern as his form of worship," said Hemmelgarn.

The main difference is that they believe that Jehovah is the Name of their God and Creator. It's also the way they reach out, knocking on doors and talking to anyone who wants to listen.

Brooklyn was its base of operations for more than 100 years; 60 of those years inside the emblematic building of the Watchtower in Brooklyn Heights. When they arrived in Warwick to build, the group tried to impact as little as possible in the natural environment.

"We planted green roofs in each of our buildings, we implemented rainwater and stormwater control to eliminate or conserve the amount of runoff from the rain that would affect the environment," said Ted Hoffman, facility manager. "We install lighting controls, controls that also manage the amount of water we use."

In their new home, Jehovah's Witnesses plan to continue spreading their beliefs and encouraging others to understand their religion a little better. Around 8 million people practice religion around the world.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/jehovahs-witnesses-headquarters

A4D6D433-8208-476A-995C-9E7C0FC5C8A4.jpeg

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FOX TELEVISION CHAIN, MAKES A SMALL REPORT ON THE NEW WORLDWIDE JEHOVAHS  WITNESSES HEADQUARTERS IN WARWICK. (CONTAINS VIDEO) About 40 miles northwest of a bustling New York City, a 45-acre comp

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.