The World News Media

A Touching experience from a Friend. Enjoy! Thank you my Friend! Jehovah will take our hands forever! - ?????

Bible Speaks

A Touching experience from a Friend. Enjoy! Thank you my Friend! Jehovah will take our hands forever! - ?????

I want to share a personal experience with anyone out there who needs some encouragement. 

I was feeling pretty down and exhausted lately, and just don't feel like doing anything. I just want to take a break and rest. I just didn't know if I am still of use to Jehovah, whether He still wants to use me.

I asked Him, "Do you still want me? Am I still of use to you? Pls let me know."

And voila! I got an email from Judith who said a Bro needed sisters to do an OKM demo that evening. It was really very last minute, with only a day to prepare mentally (he gave us the script, though). It was the demo on, "Do we need God?"

I emailed the sis back and told her that I don't feel up to it, that I am just not confident. She replied that if I really can't do it, she will try to find someone else. When I thought about it, I felt that I was letting Jehovah down, cos this is a privilege. I felt, "This is just NOT right. You can't do this and just shift the job to someone else. You can't."

I felt very pressed for time, but prayed, 

"Pls, Jehovah, I want to take this on, cos it is for you, and I know that you will help me. So, I'm going to just leave this in Your hands. Pls help me. Use me in any way you want. All for Your use. Pls help me."

I was on public transport, on the train. I was heading back towards Malaysia, towards my demo. I know that by the time I got back, I will only have about half an hour to rehearse with Judith. Time is just so short. I don't know if I pull this off, cos I want so much to encourage the bros and sisters and not mess up. It is my personal responsibility cos I agreed to take it on. 

I was trying my best to remember my scipt for the demo. There was a scripture being used there, Matthew 5:3, that Jesus said we need spiritual values to be happy. And that mankind needs God. 

And I was not happy. I felt this magazine is for me too. 

My brain hurts. I just can't remember the script. 

So I took out my Watchtower magazine for the week and started reading. I closed my eyes and tried to meditate on what I was reading. I felt so tired, cos some parts of the WT "beat me" and made me feel so guilty.

Well, I opened my eyes and I saw a young teenage girl looking at me. I felt embarrassed. I look down at my WT and I started reading again, and I closed my eyes again. When I opened them, she was still looking at me, and she inched closer. Ouch... I felt that she was intruding on my private space. I hated that.. Cos my personal space bubble is being invaded... lol

So I looked at my WT and closed my eyes the 3rd time. This time, when I opened my eyes, I couldn't stand it when I saw her moving toooo close to me. I felt like scolding her and asking her to move back, cos there was so much more space around. It really made me very uncomfortable. I never like people coming too close to me.. 

And before I could tell her off, she asked, "Are you trying to memorise for an exam? I can help you! I am working on a thesis, and my memory is good!"

Haha... My eyes nearly popped out! And I laughed inside myself.

I told her, "Oh, no. I am not studying for an exam, but reading a magazine that is published worldwide in more than 239 lands, for people who are interested in spiritual matters."

She exclaimed, "Wow! You are so spiritual-minded! I am from a church too." And she whipped out her church tract, and tried to ask me to go to her church. Lol...

Not to be outdone, I whipped out my tract from my waistpouch, and showed it to her. And I whipped out my mobile phone, and immediately got to our website, jw.org and showed her the articles there. I made sure she got it --> jw.org

I had to get off soon, but I felt I must at least show her some scriptures. What to use? Ah... I can use the one for my demo in the evening!

I quickly used our JW Library on our Application website and showed her 2 scriptures, namely Matthew 5:3. I told her that we need spiritual values to be happy, and that we need to know the Person who can give us happiness. Does she know God's name? No, she doesn't. So I showed her Psalm 83:18. Her eyes opened wide.

And guess what? I had actually talked a little bit louder because I was on the noisy train, and the rest of the passengers heard me loud and clear when I quoted those 2 scriptures. Haha... They got a witness too.

The girl told me that she will go to our website and check it out. I am thankful I am used this way. 

I made my way back to Malaysia as fast as I could. There was a new route that I was trying to take. It was getting very dark, and it was very very quiet there. 

I got a little bit scared, cos I was all alone on that road. A motorbike came back, the rider turned his head and looked at me. I was reallllly scared. I prayed, "Jehovah, help me. I am scared!"

And at that moment, a police car whizzed by. I was like, "Thank you, Jehovah!" and I started walking as quickly as I can. It was really quiet. And I prayed, "Jah, I am still scared!"

And guess what???? A SECOND police car came whizzing by again. And I thanked Jehovah again! By then, I had reached the new place where I am staying now.

And I promised myself not to take that quiet route again. Quiet because it was the schoold holidays and there was no one there. I didn't know that. 

Jehovah was with me all this while. He NEVER left me. For that, I am thankful!

I got back, and quickly rehearsed with Judith as fast as I can. My strength was going very very fast, but somehow, I told Jehovah, "This is for you. Pls help me tonight. I want to benefit the bros and sisters. Pls help me. It's not for me, but for them, and for you. Pls help me."

Jehovah heard. Cos I did not hear the pounding of my heart when I did the demo. 

And yes, the ending of the story is: My demo for the night with Sis Judith went smoothly. 

So, if we avail ourselves, Jehovah can STILL and WILL use us. 

~ A Happy Hong

43477AFA-B6CB-4BB5-B504-9A31CB6AA258.jpeg

• Views 450
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

A Touching experience from a Friend. Enjoy! Thank you my Friend! Jehovah will take our hands forever! - ????? I want to share a personal experience with anyone out there who needs some encouragem

Posted Images