• Views 322
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can an unbaptised publisher marry? (asked by @Jay Witness,) Yes. 1Tim.4:1-3: "teachings of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a

I married an “unbaptized publisher”.  I was told in 6 months he would leave the organization and both of us would stumble many, but in 6 months he was baptized.  He was told he would never serve in the congregation because he wore a beard for medical reasons, but within 5 years he was made a servant and a few years later, an elder. At that time, one new elder said the entire congregation had become “apostate” by allowing him to hold a position. Our congregation split, the same elders who expected him to give talks previously, banned him from doing so in the other congregation.  His life as an elder was hell, since elders used him to cover their parts while they “served” at conventions. He was locked out of elder school after traveling the distance, having to go through rigorous questioning to prove who he was.  In front of our children, he was approached by other elders that never would he give a talk in their hall.  We were denied “new releases” in lines at conventions.   He was not allowed to be a “practicing” elder at conventions.  He saw the hypocrisy of putting on a good show for C.O. visits, lack of shepherding, and his shouldering responsibilities that others rejected.  Finally, he dropped his books down on the table during an elongated last minute preparatory meeting for an upcoming C.O. visit, and walked out at 11:00 p.m.; where my young son waited for him alone in the main part of the hall.  The rest of the family was home with illness that evening.  It was the best thing he could have done, but sadly, as is the case for many who leave the organization, he finds it a struggle to retain faith in God. 

Do these ones who are leaving “Jehovah’s organization”, leave God or hypocrisy?  Sometimes it is both.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.” Matt 23:25

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men; for you don’t enter in yourselves, neither do you allow those who are entering in to enter.   Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel around by sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much of a son of Gehenna as yourselves.”  Matt 23:14,15

“For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.  At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.  For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.  See, I have told you ahead of time.

“So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.  For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.  Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.”  Matt 24:21-28

“In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back Remember Lot’s wife.  Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.  I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.  Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left.  Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left.”

And they answered and said to Him, “Where, Lord?”  So He said to them, “Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.”  Luke 17:31-37

Many have “lost” the life they’ve known by leaving or being disfellowshipped from the organization, and  many of these have found the path to eternal life in Christ.  The “carcass”/”body” are those part of the anointed Body of Christ that have joined with their true Master, Christ –“slained” (disfellowshipped) by an approved army under “false christs” who do not tolerate any dissension to their teachings. Matt 24:31; Rev 11:7,8; Rev 13:11,12,15  The testimony given to those who judge them as worthy of “death”, (Rom 14:4) is “true”. Rev 11:3,7-10; John 8:17 They are the surviving remnant of the “woman” covenant, well nourished in truth. Joel 2:32; Rev 12:6,14  Christ does not abandon any who yearn for spiritual discernment. All the perceptive “eagles”/“elect” who leave the apostate “city” are nourished at this “marriage feast”; feeding on the “slain” who speak the true teachings of Christ.  Rev 12:11; Matt 22:8-10

“If you died with Christ from the elements of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to ordinances “Don’t handle, nor taste, nor touch”  (all of which perish with use), according to the precepts and doctrines of men Which things indeed appear like wisdom in self-imposed worship, and humility, and severity to the body; but aren’t of any value against the indulgence of the flesh.”  Col 2:20-23