The World News Media

Your Heritage! What is the First Book You Remember>?

Bible Speaks

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 599
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your Heritage! What is the First Book You Remember>? For me 1965 "Things in which is it impossible for God to lie." Don't see "Babylon the Great has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rules." Tha

Don’t see the Children book picture, which incidentally really wasn’t for children

Only goes from 2005, will look for the new one I have. Thank you 

Posted Images

If these books are full of precious wisdom, why are many being discontinued, even some required to be destroyed?  Obviously, the Watchtower doesn't share the same sentimental value for them that the members do.  

"In addition to the Teacher being a wise man, he constantly taught the people knowledge; he weighed, explored, and arranged many proverbs. The Teacher sought to find delightful sayings and write words of truth accurately.  The sayings of the wise are like goads, and those from masters of collections are like firmly embedded nails. The sayings are given by one Shepherd.

But beyond these, my son, be warned: there is no end to the making of many books, and much study wearies the body.  When all has been heard, the conclusion of the matter is: fear God and keep His commands, because this is for all humanity. For God will bring every act to judgment, including every hidden thing, whether good or evil."  Eccl 12:9-14

21 hours ago, Witness said:

If these books are full of precious wisdom, why are many being discontinued, even some required to be destroyed?  Obviously, the Watchtower doesn't share the same sentimental value for them that the members do.  

"In addition to the Teacher being a wise man, he constantly taught the people knowledge; he weighed, explored, and arranged many proverbs. The Teacher sought to find delightful sayings and write words of truth accurately.  The sayings of the wise are like goads, and those from masters of collections are like firmly embedded nails. The sayings are given by one Shepherd.

But beyond these, my son, be warned: there is no end to the making of many books, and much study wearies the body.  When all has been heard, the conclusion of the matter is: fear God and keep His commands, because this is for all humanity. For God will bring every act to judgment, including every hidden thing, whether good or evil."  Eccl 12:9-14

@Witness

Jehovah knows? Perhaps soon we will all be underground? Books ? teach us knowledge and every book ? has taught us well. Many books ? cost very much in 943 languages now. Online read to your hearts content. 

I always search and happy to find these delightful words of Truth. We are simplifying Preaching l too, the end is eminent. No worries it is just as the Master planned. Faith in His Kingdom and His Channel on. Earth will help us all get through! Listen, Obey Be Blessed. 

SONG 3
Our Strength, Our Hope, Our Confidence
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102016803

On 3/26/2018 at 5:48 PM, Bible Speaks said:

No worries it is just as the Master planned.

Was it in God’s plan for His anointed servants to teach this?

"The Bible speaks of the time in which we are living as the "last days" or the "time of the end." (2 Timothy 3: 1; Daniel 11: 40) The facts show that this is a limited period that has a definite beginning and a definite end. It began in 1914 when Jesus Christ was enthroned as king in the heavens. It will end when God destroys this present wicked system of things. … How soon will that be? God's own Son, Jesus Christ, gives the answer. After drawing attention to the many things that mark the period from 1914 onward as the "time of the end," Jesus said: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." (Matthew 24:34) Which generation did he mean? Jesus had just referred to persons who would "see all these things." "These things" are the events that have taken place since 1914 and those yet to occur down to the end of this wicked system. (Matthew 24:33) Persons born even as much as fifty years ago could not see "all these things." They came on the scene after the foretold events were already under way. But there are people still living who were alive in 1914 and saw what was happening then and who were old enough that they still remember those events. This generation is getting up in years now. A great number of them have already passed away in death. Yet Jesus very pointedly said: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. This means that only a short time is left before the end comes!" (Truth That Leads To Eternal Life, p. 94, 1968) 

And from a book entitled “Truth That Leads to Eternal Life”?

When you first taught this in your ministry, were you blessed by teaching these words, by calling it the truth?  How can that be, when both God and Jesus are Truth, and this quote is a lie?  John 8:26; John 17:17; 14:6

You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”  Deut 4:2

“Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.”  Deut 12:32

“I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book”  Rev 22:18

I see two, at the least, of the commandments of Exod. 20, broken by this teaching. 

“You shall not steal”

“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.”  Exod 20:15,16

As well as, “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”  Exod 20:4-6

Serving the needs of the “carved image” of the organization is not in God’s plan. Rev 13:1,4-6  Stealing the truth in Christ from one’s neighbor is not in God’s plan.  2 Thess 2:9-12

“fear God and keep His commands, because this is for all humanity. For God will bring every act to judgment, including every hidden thing, whether good or evil."  Eccl 12:9-14

Now that there are less magazines to place, has the organization reduced the load put upon JWs to preach?  Or, do they admonish it even more so? 

“But the king of Egypt said, ‘Moses and Aaron, why are you taking the people away from their labor? Get back to your work!’  Then Pharaoh said, ‘Look, the people of the land are now numerous, and you are stopping them from working.’

That same day Pharaoh gave this order to the slave drivers and overseers in charge of the people: ‘You are no longer to supply the people with straw for making bricks; let them go and gather their own straw.  But require them to make the same number of bricks as before; don’t reduce the quota. They are lazy; that is why they are crying out, ‘Let us go and sacrifice to our God.’  Make the work harder for the people so that they keep working and pay no attention to lies.’”  Exod 5:4-9