The World News Media

Need Advice? ~ What to Read—Solomon’s Wise Advice

Bible Speaks

What to Read—SolomonÂ’s Wise Advice —

Try JW.Org Online 943 Languages!

?????

What to Read—Solomon’s Wise Advice

?????

“TO THE making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.” (Ecclesiastes 12:12) In penning those words some 3,000 years ago, wise King Solomon of Israel was not discouraging reading. Rather, he was commenting on the need to be selective. How timely that reminder is today, as billions of pages of reading material roll off the world’s printing presses annually!

?????

It is evident that the “many books” to which Solomon referred were not upbuilding or refreshing. Therefore, he argued that devotion to them, instead of providing positive and lasting rewards, is “wearisome to the flesh.”

?????

However, was Solomon saying that there are no books that offer sound, reliable guidance that can benefit the reader? No, for he also wrote: “The words of the wise ones are like oxgoads, and just like nails driven in are those indulging in collections of sentences; they have been given from one shepherd.” (Ecclesiastes 12:11) Indeed, there are written words that “like oxgoads” can provide positive motivation. They can spur a person on in the right way. Furthermore, “like nails driven in,” they can serve to strengthen one’s resolve and have a stabilizing effect.

?????

Where can we find such wise words? Preeminent among such, according to Solomon, are those that originate with the one Shepherd, Jehovah. (Psalm 23:1) Therefore, one can do no better than turn to the book that is inspired by God—the Bible. Reading such inspired words regularly can help one to become “fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”—2 Timothy 3:16, 17. 

?????

Endless reading ? Photo by @harimaolee

4F8D88FB-7D95-46CB-8E18-516883CAEBB5.jpeg

CEA418BC-5092-4B01-85F5-D5F24CA7B80C.jpeg

• Views 403
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What to Read—SolomonÂ’s Wise Advice — Try JW.Org Online 943 Languages! ????? What to Read—SolomonÂ’s Wise Advice ????? “TO THE making of many books there is no end, and muc

That  picture  seems  really  photoshopped    ITS  LOOKING  NOT  REAL.... TOO  MUCH  PLACE  FOR  THESE  BOOKS !   No  room  is  SO  high...   its  a  BIG  GAG   Maybe  fo

Posted Images

That  picture  seems  really  photoshopped 1f44d.png   ITS  LOOKING  NOT  REAL....

TOO  MUCH  PLACE  FOR  THESE  BOOKS !   No  room  is  SO  high...   its  a  BIG  GAG 1f923.png   Maybe  for  promotion....    Its  also  too  dangerous  high  above !

I  LIKE  THESE  TWO  GOOD  PLACES  FOR  MY  BOOKS....

28575656_1839579569395427_48850993938989805_n.jpg

10388561_847476711986379_5824387845706388535_n.jpg

By  your  picture  I  remember  the  Bible - Scripture,  ECCLESIASTES,  12 : 12  ~~~ 

12 As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.

What  do  you  think??   1f64f.png  1f495.png

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• By the way, if you're into stuff like this, you might wanna check out https://thepythagoras.com/. They have some neat articles about ancient civilizations and their contributions to science and math. It’s really interesting how much we owe to these early thinkers.
    • The Dendera Zodiac is such an amazing piece of history. Imagine ancient Egyptians looking up at the same stars we do now and creating this detailed map. It's mind-blowing! So, what do I think about it? I think it's a fascinating blend of art and astronomy. Those ancient folks really knew their stuff. The way they incorporated their gods and mythologies into the constellations is just brilliant. And it's not just about the stars, it’s a glimpse into how they viewed the universe and their place in it.
    • FIFA's collaboration with Algorand represents a significant milestone for blockchain technology. Algorand will serve as the official blockchain platform for FIFA, supporting events such as the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership is poised to enhance FIFA's digital asset management while boosting Algorand's visibility through advertising and promotional opportunities. On another note, I've been tuning into African football recently. The match between Kanifing East FC and Latrikunda United was unexpectedly impressive. African football often goes underappreciated, yet the skill and enthusiasm in these matches are evident. We can expect even more significant development and excitement in African football with increased attention and support.
    • The partnership between FIFA and Algorand is a big step for blockchain technology. Algorand will be the official blockchain platform for FIFA, sponsoring events like the FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. This partnership will help FIFA with digital assets and provide advertising and promotional opportunities for Algorand. 
    • Are you  excited for the upcoming Euro Cup?
  • Members

No members to show

• Recent Status Updates

• Gilles h  »  jpl

Bonjour mon frère 
      J'espère que tu vas bien 
      Aurais-tu les points actualités et culte matinal en transcription.
      Je te remercie d'avance 
      Merci de partager avec nous
      Un très belle journée 

· 2 replies
    • lauleb  »  misette

merci pour ton travail très utile. tu es une aide qui fortifie
      · 0 replies
    • Pamela Dunston  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi, TB
      I would like to get the weekly meeting and watchtower materials  and the 2024 convention 
      Attend the 2024 Convention—“Declare the Good News!”
      notebook, I just recently got a new computer, If don't mind my brother to add me on and allow me access to our study again.

Thank you, so much
      Sister Dunston
      · 2 replies
    • SpiritualSister 24  »  DARLENE2022

Hello, Darlene, I just love your name, I had a cousin named Darline, and had a classmate also named Darlene! It's a pleasure to know another Darlene! Especially a Spiritual Sister! There's some websites, Ministry Ideaz , JW Stuff.com, and Etsy that I use to order my yearly buttons for the Conventions! They always send me what I order, and their also Jehovah's Witnesses, that send us the merchandise we order!  You can check out these websites, and they might have what your looking for! I hope I have been helpful in assisting you, Darlene! Agape love, Shirley!😀
      · 1 reply
    • SpiritualSister 24

2024"Enter Into God's Rest" Circuit Assembly! 
      · 0 replies
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    splonge

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.