The World News Media

Why did Jesus say, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34)

Queen Esther

5.5..jpg

QUESTION: Why did Jesus say, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34)

ANSWER: Jesus had not lost faith in his heavenly Father. God abandoned Jesus to his enemies by taking away His protection so that Christ's integrity might be fully tested. God allowed him to face trials on his own. Jesus suffered so much emotional distress that "his sweat became as drops of blood falling to the ground"! (Luke 22:44) Despite everything he suffered, and although Satan made an all-out effort to turn him away from Jehovah, Jesus proved faithful to his God. And by crying out as he did, Jesus also fulfilled -  Psalm 22:1.
Watchtower 2011 8/15 pp. 12-16 par. 16

• Views 929
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

QUESTION: Why did Jesus say, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34) ANSWER: Jesus had not lost faith in his heavenly Father. God abandoned Jesus to his enemies by

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.