The World News Media

Platforms at the conventions being phased out?

Jack Ryan

So Brighton is the only outdoor convention in the UK to have a platform in the stadium. At the other outdoor locations the speakers are being videoed in a room inside and then transmitted to screens in the stadium.

The reasoning being given is that with so much video content in the programme then it’s not a big deal and that it means that the weather and other things are not an issue however this does raise some questions.

Is this being repeated outside of the UK?

Is this some kind of trial that may mean the entire programme will be pre-recorded either on a regional or even national basis?

Is it perhaps leading to the streaming of the programme to convention locations?

Is it perhaps leading to the large venues being retired in favour of repeating a pre-recorded programme at assembly halls, even perhaps to local halls?

• Views 228
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But we wouldn't want all Witness weddings to be from the same congregation! Circuit Assemblies and Summer Conventions provide for a wider selection.

You could certainly save a LOT of the JWs income to live stream the Assemblies.

I remember asking my three children, after they returned from a three-day Assembly that cost about $600 for travel, food, and hotels, what they had learned after three days of instruction.

They got all excited, and told me that what we USED to believe about the Image of Nebuchadnezzer's toes has "new light", and it NOW means something else. 

They were NOT encouraged by my laughter.

Three days and a LOOOOONG drive, and $600.

It seems an email with PDF files attached, and links to supplemental information could save a few hundred thousand dollars, and a LOT of work.

6 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

It seems an email with PDF files attached, and links to supplemental information could save a few hundred thousand dollars, and a LOT of work.

But we wouldn't want all Witness weddings to be from the same congregation! Circuit Assemblies and Summer Conventions provide for a wider selection.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.