• Views 479
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never heard about it. The gym had just been put down in the old Squibb bulidings (25 Columbia Heights) and I always meant to get down there and never saw it except when volunteering for overnight guar

3 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

@JW Insider any insight on this practice?

Never heard about it. The gym had just been put down in the old Squibb bulidings (25 Columbia Heights) and I always meant to get down there and never saw it except when volunteering for overnight guard duty, when we had to walk through all the buildings and turn a key at various points to punch a sort of time card. I only walked through the gym when the lights were out and wouldn't have noticed the mirrors. I don't remember hardly any brothers who went down there for the bowling, basketball and weightlifting. There just wasn't a lot of time for that sort of thing. I heard that you had to pick up the bowling pins and reset them yourself manually. I remember one brother telling me that age 19 to age 25 were the perfect years for weightlifting, but he was skrawny and I doubt he did much himself.

Rumor has it that they taped up the mirrors in case some  of the GB came to visit the gym, as some  had no reflected image, and had to be invited to enter over the threshold by someone inside the gym.

This is just a rumor, completely without any substantiation whatsoever, and I am not one to repeat rumors.

... so pay attention the FIRST time.

Guest Nicole

Honestly when I read this post for the first time I remembered about a rumor of Rosicrucianism. Someone told me once that for them  to  pass the most difficult test and demonstrate they are real practicers of this movement is to pose in front of the mirror and not reflect the image ?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.